Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Brush Guard install

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 02:36 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Brush Guard install

So I got a mostly intact OEM Disco Brush Guard(the foamy one) and Im at a loss for how this thing gets installed. I looks like I need to drill the bumper cover. Also does anyone know if I have to keep the headlight guards on this thing. Will it look weird with just the center part?

2004 Disco

Old 10-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by elboy0712
So I got a mostly intact OEM Disco Brush Guard(the foamy one) and Im at a loss for how this thing gets installed. I looks like I need to drill the bumper cover. Also does anyone know if I have to keep the headlight guards on this thing. Will it look weird with just the center part?

2004 Disco
Had it on mine, took it off, liked the cleaner look.

Two main bolts through the bumper to the back, I have two 1 1/4 inch holes. There was two spongy rectangular inserts on the bar that you can pry out and see the holes for mounting. It also had two thin narrow sheets that attached to the grill mounting to hold the top.

There was also a color coded cover on the lower part that clipped at the top and was screwed underneath in about 6 places.

Not totally clear but hopes this helps a little.

I stole the spotlights and shabbily mounted then to my bumper.

Attached Thumbnails OEM Brush Guard install-bar.jpg  
Old 10-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Mudding

Thanks. I think mine only has the two bolts. Perhaps things are missing. I wonder if I can find them somewhere. Sadly someone hit the front of my truck the first week I had it and cracked the center plastic so this will cover it up. Do you have a pic of the underside points you mentioned the 6 or so spots?

Old 10-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Mudding

So it looks like I have to cut out all the plastic in picture one to install this thing. Also, its all attached as a single piece to the area in picture two. I'm not sure I want the lower part naked. Almost certain i am missing key parts now. like trim and finishers. 60 bucks is looking like less of a deal right now. And it looks like there are finishers if you dont want the headlight surrounds in(this is where the minor damage is so I was going to leave them off and just do the center) which is a bummer because I wanted to just use the center. This kind of sucks.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You need to buy the brackets for the 03-04 models. You’ll have to remove the bumper to fit the brackets

Old 10-24-2017, 08:31 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 281 Likes on 215 Posts
Old 10-24-2017, 10:36 PM
Mudding

Thanks ACG but both of those are for the metal ones. I have the ABS foamy one.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Mudding

But your post helped me find the right ones!! Thanks

Old 10-24-2017, 10:48 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

You have to drill a hole through the bump on the bumper and bolt it on the back. If you have the guard thats all foamy all the way to the head lights, once you remove those, you will end up having a large rectangular cavity on both sides of brush guard. Not sure if you patch that large cavity. To secure it, you have to pry open the rubber pieces on the guard to see the hole. That part get really rusted. I removed mine as well and use the fog lamps for the roof rack.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Mudding
Default so... you both have the non-headlight one still?

So do both of you who said you removed it have the non headlight one without the cavities? Do you still have them?

Quick Reply: OEM Brush Guard install