Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Road Tires on 18" wheels !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Tires on 18" wheels !!

Where can I get off road tires for my stock 18" wheels? If none, how about switching to 16" wheels, and can I get off road tires for those?

Ticks me off Rover used a wheel that I can't get BFG Mud Terrains for.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Off Road Tires on 18" wheels !!

If you are planning on doing some serious wheeling, get rid of the 18" wheels, they tear up too many tire sidewalls of the road. Consider selling them thru one of many of the Rover forum classified sections where you will also see people selling 16" factory wheels.
As for tire selections, 16" tires are everywhere in so many different tread designs, much more s then the 18"ers.
Are you going to lift your truck? Have you been wheeling before and know what tire and size you want?
Mike

Old 05-21-2006, 01:13 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look in the wheel-hubs-axles in www.roverparts.com/

Spend some money for me to.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:00 PM
4wd Low

Yeah been wheelin for years, but I hadn't wanted to mess with the stock tires til I wore em out. I have a Toyota FJ 40 Land Cruiser I always hit the mud in, and now a new FJ Cruiser coming. However I and my wife want to do more serious tires on the Rover because it looks a bit whimpy with the regular tires it came with even though it still does really well off road in rock and sand. Can I get some cheap steel wheels at some place like Pep Boys and stick some rubber on there, or does Land Rover make it so you can't put aftermarket wheels on their products?

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: TexasBadlands

Yeah been wheelin for years, but I hadn't wanted to mess with the stock tires til I wore em out. I have a Toyota FJ 40 Land Cruiser I always hit the mud in, and now a new FJ Cruiser coming. However I and my wife want to do more serious tires on the Rover because it looks a bit whimpy with the regular tires it came with even though it still does really well off road in rock and sand. Can I get some cheap steel wheels at some place like Pep Boys and stick some rubber on there, or does Land Rover make it so you can't put aftermarket wheels on their products?

Thanks!
On a Rover you never mention Pep Boys, the UK will break off all relations with us. Just kidding, I think.
As for wheels, the best way to go is get on one of the Rover forum classified sections and go shopping. Steel wheels are available for mid $70 range if you want them, do not use aftermarket wheels, you will have off set problems.
What about a lift, are you going to raise it, will make a difference on tire size options?
Mike

Old 05-21-2006, 04:16 PM
TReK

The web site I listed has steel wheels.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Tina at, /www.trekoutfitters.com/ is a good place to get steel wheels with theproper off set. I still like alloy factory wheels.
Mike

Old 05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
4wd Low

Thanks guys. I need the tires/wheels before this weekend, so mail order is probably out of the question. I'm going to Pep Boys to see what I can get

Old 05-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: TexasBadlands

Thanks guys. I need the tires/wheels before this weekend, so mail order is probably out of the question. I'm going to Pep Boys to see what I can get
Tread very lightly, hate to see you bust a non Rover wheel, you can't be in that big a hury.
Mike

Old 05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
TReK

I bet Pep Boys will not have any wheels
but they can order them.

Quick Reply: Off Road Tires on 18" wheels !!