Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, OK, so I'm a nerd

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008 | 06:20 PM
|
Team Owner
Default RE: OK, OK, so I'm a nerd

See, now I have had a different experiance. They look good, but when I had them on my FedEx van they sucked. I hated them. I got stuck more with them than with the Cooper Discoverer S/T. And they didnt last as long.
Same van, different tire, different results. Thats just my experiance though.

Old 05-15-2008 | 06:21 AM
TReK

Yes there are better road tires than the BFG A/T's.

Did 4x4ing in the Van did you!!!!

Old 05-15-2008 | 04:22 PM
|
Team Owner

It wasnt so much off roading, but out in the country in the spring with the snow melt and the rain it can get really sloppy, dirt roads and two track driveways a mile long. And then in the winter time with all the snow, the dirt roads dont get plowed, they plow the main roads first and then the secondary roads IF they get time. So you need a traction tread to get your job done.

Old 05-15-2008 | 08:59 PM
Rock Crawling

Spike555 I can't vouch for the snow because we get maybe an inch every two years but I have had BFG's on pretty much every truck that I was planning on going off road and they were flawless, I did put TSL's on my my D90 for about a year and went back to BFG MT's and really the BFG's were the preferred choics, the TSL's were rough as hell and at speeds sounded like a plane flying. BFG's are my choice!! When I get the $$$ for mylift and tires its going to be BFG MT's all the way!

Magnum is probably having a beer at the King Kamehameha Club right now! lol.....

Old 05-15-2008 | 09:05 PM
|
Team Owner

Yes he probally is, just got a e-mail from Netflix and I should get the next disc tommorrow. So I'll be watching more Magnum this weekend, and let me tell you, my wife hates it.