Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME Heavy Duty Springs and Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME Heavy Duty Springs and Shocks

Has anyone used this kit from Atlantic British? http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9393HD.cfm
I just got a coupon from them that would take this to under $600 shipped. Does this sound reasonable? Also does anyone know what model # the springs in this kit are?

Thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Default RE: OME Heavy Duty Springs and Shocks

I have the 2" OME suspension lift on my 2004 Disco (22,000 miles) Stiffens up the ride a bit as well as makes the disco feel very top heavy in the wind and corners on the freeway. Nice for off road though. My front driver side tire has very slight rubbing on the outer edge of the wheel well under compression and about half turn on the wheel. Otherwise, to retain street-ability and comfort I'd suggest no on doing a lift. But for off road it's better than what Land Rover installed.

Cheers,

cpb

Old 12-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

The one thing you are both missing is there are 4 different Old Man Emu and RTE suspensions, 2 of each are considered H.D and all have different weight ratings. You need to be very carefull about what you buy.
The current AB sale has an off brand suspension with no history to fall back on. Better to stay with a proven brand. If you want to order a suspension, get back to me and I'll be glad to help you find the suspension you need for the driving you do.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Drifting

I am about to install the OME HD (779 and 762) kit on my '99 DII ... I'll give you my 2 cents in few days.....

Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

The one thing you are both missing is there are 4 different Old Man Emu and RTE suspensions, 2 of each are considered H.D and all have different weight ratings. You need to be very carefull about what you buy.
The current AB sale has an off brand suspension with no history to fall back on. Better to stay with a proven brand. If you want to order a suspension, get back to me and I'll be glad to help you find the suspension you need for the driving you do.
The AB kit I'm looking at includes OME Shocks and Springs. I know OME has different models of H.D. springs. I'm just wondering which OME springs are in this kit. I'm looking to replace the stock springs and my pro comp 9000 shocks which replaced heavily worn and broken stock shocks. I'm not as heavy an off-roader as I used to be right now but will be doing much more as I fix up this old rig. I'd like to replace everything with a good quality setup that will work well with a lot of situations.