Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   One less future Land Rover owner!LOL! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/one-less-future-land-rover-owner-lol-6640/)

Newfoundlandrover 05-02-2007 10:44 PM

One less future Land Rover owner!LOL!

One would think that being a proud Discovery owner,I would promote the brand to others,for the most part I do,but today while I was filling up at the pumps,this nosey bugger comes walzing over to see how much fuel I'd just pumped into my tank.Wow! he said "that thing takes almost a $100 to fill!?" No I replied,it was already 3/4 full when I pulled in!

Rondo 05-02-2007 10:46 PM

RE: One less future Land Rover owner!LOL!

Woah. How much is gas in Canada? I've been filling up for just over 50 bucks.

Unless of course you're talkin Canadian $...

Newfoundlandrover 05-02-2007 10:59 PM

I was almost bone dry when I pulled into the gas station,and I burn premium at about $1.15CDN a litre. ( not to offend anyone,but would someone please just blow their a$$ up already!)[:@]

Darover 05-02-2007 11:17 PM

That's nothin, our super intelligent (ass stupid)Canadian government decided to go ahead withthe Kyoto ****. So by 2010, gas here in Canada will be 30% higher than what it already is. So I just don't know anymore?????? I like the Disco and everything, but at $1.50 a liter pfffff I won't like it that much. Can you spell economical disaster and recession????

Camdisco24 05-02-2007 11:37 PM

WOW that is crazy! Here in North Carolina it is a little over $50 bucks to fill the whole thing (2.96 per gallon). Today I think gas went down a cent or two today (praise Jesus, hallelujah, praise buddah, praise Mary, Praise Tom Cruise and his witch craft...PRAISE EVERYONE!) I guess thats the risk you take when you buy any SUV, especially rovers!

wvcox1 05-03-2007 07:54 AM

Just be glad you don't drive a Suburban / Tahoe. Lady next to me spent $95 filling hers up @ $3 here in DFW. Until they figure out how we can just fill the tank up with water from our garden hoses I guess we'll just have to live with it! I remember looking @ the rising gas prices once w /my Mercedes 300e and determined that gas would have to hit $10 / gallon before it was economically justifiable to get a new car that got 30MPG, the Benz gets 19 so probably for the rover it would need to hit about 6 or 7 given the maintenance costs. The Benz costs nothing to maintain comparatively speaking....

Rondo 05-03-2007 01:17 PM

Heard on NPR this morning that gasoline is $10US per gallon in Great Britain now and that 40% of the SUVs are gasoline powered. OUCH!

Rondo 05-03-2007 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Darover

That's nothin, our super intelligent (ass stupid)Canadian government decided to go ahead withthe Kyoto ****. So by 2010, gas here in Canada will be 30% higher than what it already is. So I just don't know anymore?????? I like the Disco and everything, but at $1.50 a liter pfffff I won't like it that much. Can you spell economical disaster and recession????
No, but I can spell diesel conversion.

Camdisco24 05-03-2007 05:50 PM

Diesel Conversion would be amazing. I wonder how tough that would be?? I refuse to drive a hybrid rice mobile so I am just going to stick it out with the price for now. (here is a little history lesson) In the 70's when there was the oil crisis the prices were equivalent to $8.00 in todays market. So $3.00 is a far cry from that... I just think about that when I am at the pump!!

DG 05-03-2007 07:47 PM

With a 300Tdi in a 95 Disco I'm getting 30+ mpg - don't mean to make anyone jealous or anything......