Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One less future Land Rover owner!LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One less future Land Rover owner!LOL!

One would think that being a proud Discovery owner,I would promote the brand to others,for the most part I do,but today while I was filling up at the pumps,this nosey bugger comes walzing over to see how much fuel I'd just pumped into my tank.Wow! he said "that thing takes almost a $100 to fill!?" No I replied,it was already 3/4 full when I pulled in!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: One less future Land Rover owner!LOL!

Woah. How much is gas in Canada? I've been filling up for just over 50 bucks.

Unless of course you're talkin Canadian $...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Mudding

I was almost bone dry when I pulled into the gas station,and I burn premium at about $1.15CDN a litre. ( not to offend anyone,but would someone please just blow their a$$ up already!)[:@]

Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle

That's nothin, our super intelligent (*** stupid)Canadian government decided to go ahead withthe Kyoto ****. So by 2010, gas here in Canada will be 30% higher than what it already is. So I just don't know anymore?????? I like the Disco and everything, but at $1.50 a liter pfffff I won't like it that much. Can you spell economical disaster and recession????

Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW that is crazy! Here in North Carolina it is a little over $50 bucks to fill the whole thing (2.96 per gallon). Today I think gas went down a cent or two today (praise Jesus, hallelujah, praise buddah, praise Mary, Praise Tom Cruise and his witch craft...PRAISE EVERYONE!) I guess thats the risk you take when you buy any SUV, especially rovers!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Three Wheeling

Just be glad you don't drive a Suburban / Tahoe. Lady next to me spent $95 filling hers up @ $3 here in DFW. Until they figure out how we can just fill the tank up with water from our garden hoses I guess we'll just have to live with it! I remember looking @ the rising gas prices once w /my Mercedes 300e and determined that gas would have to hit $10 / gallon before it was economically justifiable to get a new car that got 30MPG, the Benz gets 19 so probably for the rover it would need to hit about 6 or 7 given the maintenance costs. The Benz costs nothing to maintain comparatively speaking....

Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Three Wheeling

Heard on NPR this morning that gasoline is $10US per gallon in Great Britain now and that 40% of the SUVs are gasoline powered. OUCH!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Darover

That's nothin, our super intelligent (*** stupid)Canadian government decided to go ahead withthe Kyoto ****. So by 2010, gas here in Canada will be 30% higher than what it already is. So I just don't know anymore?????? I like the Disco and everything, but at $1.50 a liter pfffff I won't like it that much. Can you spell economical disaster and recession????
No, but I can spell diesel conversion.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Diesel Conversion would be amazing. I wonder how tough that would be?? I refuse to drive a hybrid rice mobile so I am just going to stick it out with the price for now. (here is a little history lesson) In the 70's when there was the oil crisis the prices were equivalent to $8.00 in todays market. So $3.00 is a far cry from that... I just think about that when I am at the pump!!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
DG
6th Gear

With a 300Tdi in a 95 Disco I'm getting 30+ mpg - don't mean to make anyone jealous or anything......

Quick Reply: One less future Land Rover owner!LOL!