Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger-side front seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger-side front seat removal

Hi all,

Trying to remove the passenger-side front seat on my Disco II. Thought it would be easy enough. Followed the RAVE manual: removed the plastic covers on the side and front of the seat, and then tried removing the four 11mm torx screws that hold the frame of the seat down to the body of the car. Got as far as removing the front right, front left, and back left screws easy enough. Got to the back right screw, and there is the problem.

I've tried turning it like all the others, but it just will not come out. It's not that the screw doesn't budge; it turns both clockwise and counterclockwise easy enough, but does not tighten nor loosen all the way. So I end up turning and turning but nothing happens. Could it be a rust problem? I tried to remove this same corresponding screw on the driver's side seat to see if I could learn anything, and the funny thing is the same problem happens on that side.

Am I doing something wrong here? I'm attaching pictures from zoom-out to zoom-in of the problematic back right screw holding down the front passenger-side seat. Maybe I'm just using the wrong tools? I used a standard ratchet, no air wrench or anything because I don't have one. The other three screws unscrewed just fine though with the ratchet...

Any advice much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Passenger-side front seat removal-seat-removal_back-right-screw_1.jpg   Passenger-side front seat removal-seat-removal_back-right-screw_2.jpg   Passenger-side front seat removal-seat-removal_back-right-screw_3.jpg  
Old 07-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a nut under the floor, you access it by reaching under the truck. Why Rover couldn't put a captive nut there like the other 3 is beyond me.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

X2 look under the truck

Old 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worked great! Thanks, all!