Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Pretty sure I just lost our D2 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/pretty-sure-i-just-lost-our-d2-74354/)

mattmo78 06-26-2015 02:26 PM

Pretty sure I just lost our D2

4 Attachment(s)
This thing has been our baby for the past 8 years or so. My wife bought it as her first "nice" vehicle to have after college. At first, I thought it was a money pit and I couldn't stand the thing. But, as time went on and I found this forum and all of the help on here, I began to love our D2. It became our "toy", so to speak, and is/was our daily driver. It has just under 203k miles on it and runs like a top. Sure, it has it's tendencies... they all do, but it is a tank and purrs like a kitten.

Last night, we had a function at my wife's workplace. We left together (2 different cars) and I was following her home. As I proceed through an intersection (1/8 mile from her work), a lady runs the red light trying to "shoot the gap" between my wife and me. Luckily it was me that hit her and not my wife (in our new truck). Still don't know what the outcome is going to be, but I'm afraid insurance will more than likely total the Rover. :( I think I'm more upset about that than actually being involved in the wreck. Once I hit her, my momentum spun me around almost 180 degrees and I slid into 2 other vehicles that were on the other side of the intersection.

EDIT** She was going the opposite direction of the way the car is facing in the pics. It spun her 180 degrees too.

OffroadFrance 06-26-2015 03:11 PM

As long as you are ok the truck can be replaced. It appears to happen often in the US where someone runs a red light. In the UK it's classed as a 'dangerous driving' offence with heavy penalties. Pity as the truck looks well cared for before the accident. Good luck with the insurance claim.

ArmyRover 06-26-2015 07:20 PM

Sorry about the loss of the Disco, more importantly glad your ok

abran 06-26-2015 07:36 PM

dibs on the rims and tires!

Too soon?

Glad you and your wife are ok.

Redduc 06-26-2015 07:52 PM

Damn... No safari rack!

Seriously though, I'm glad you're ok and I'm equally glad you didn't have to watch your wife have that accident. Best of luck with the insurance company.

me6067 06-26-2015 08:28 PM

Wow... Sorry to hear. Glad you're ok

OEMPartHaus.com 06-26-2015 10:41 PM

Glad to hear that you're alright.

cappedup 06-27-2015 04:35 AM

Massive sucks.

Assuming the other insurance covers the costs, does it look like frames are bent out of shape. Does the engine look like its moved to a new position. Wheels not pointing the same direction?

Are we talking more than new crush cans and wings? Fluids fall out?

Maybe That bumper from the other thread, you know the one, would have been better or worse.

jamestfl 06-27-2015 09:11 AM

glad to hear you're okay. shame about the truck.

coors 06-27-2015 09:37 AM

7 Attachment(s)
I feel your pain literally....
Same thing just happened to me. I'm still in therapy trying to cope with the loss of my "Black Beauty".

I'm really glad to hear that your okay, it's certainly a shell shocking experience, one that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

*Insurance company totaled mine. I found an '04 w/ a bad motor and plan to swap everything from my '01 to the '04 motor and all.

I recently lost my DII in an unfortunate accident, lady ran a red light also (it suffered frame damage & had the front driver's wheel ripped off the axle). The ARB Deluxe Bull Bar bumper saved my life!

Attachment 35517

Attachment 35518

Attachment 35519

Attachment 35520

We meet at 45mph...

Attachment 35521

Attachment 35522

Attachment 35523