Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Pretty sure I just lost our D2 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/pretty-sure-i-just-lost-our-d2-74354/)

jfall 07-07-2015 04:40 PM

Wow
You really had a great 4th.

Rover is fixable.
The other truck did not do so well.

Alex_M 07-07-2015 04:51 PM

That sucks, man. If you can get it back for a few hundred dollars I'd take it. You'll be able to make your money back on the forum selling parts and scrapping what's left and still be able to keep some things you want (assuming you wanted any).

coors 07-07-2015 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mattmo78 (Post 526016)
Just a quick update... Still not sure what is going to happen with the outcome. Insurance still hasn't received the police report. They did let me know they are going to total the vehicle out. Estimate was $6700 for repair.

I haven't received an offer from the insurance yet. They went down through the options list on the vehicle, then I added in the Harmon/Kardon stereo and the lift kit to their list. They are going to get back to me and update the value for me.

You could always contact the police dept and obtain a copy of the Report yourself like I did. I suggest you do, then email or fax it to your claims rep, don't wait for the insurance company. You'll be waiting awhile...

For comparison sake, I was offered 3,750.00 for my '01 w/ 189k miles. It cost me 441.00 to buy it back (caveat, had to register for a Salvage title).
Ins co offered to reimburse me for expenses dating back a full year. I just rebuilt the motor and did a ton of other work so, I have about 2-2.5k in receipts coming there way.

Nonetheless, It's a heart breaking scenario, but somehow it always works out in the end. Just be lucky to have your health.

kingsly 07-08-2015 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by coors (Post 526101)
For comparison sake, I was offered 3,750.00 for my '01 w/ 189k miles. It cost me 441.00 to buy it back (caveat, had to register for a Salvage title).

This happened to me before, I was able to buy my car back and found ways to get it repaired for a little less. From the pictures it doesn't look totaled (from a repair/drivability perspective - insurance will look at value vs. cost). Hopefully it's just the crush cans, core support, and bodywork. You can find fenders and have 'em resprayed. And then use the rest of the money on an ARB bumper.

A few weeks ago I came out of a movie to find that my Rangie had been hit while parked - turned out to be an über taxi. Repairs easily exceeded the price I paid of the truck (just a few months ago) but somehow nobody caught on and totaled it, they just mailed a check. No idea why! New tires and air springs for me... :) Anyway, all that to say that sometimes it does indeed all work out in the end.

Glad to hear you're alright. The truck did a great job taking that hit.

mattmo78 07-19-2015 03:52 PM

So, I finally heard from the insurance company with a settlement offer. I think I'm going to go back and see if I can get a little more for it.

But, I wanted to see if there is any interest from any of you guys for the whole truck. So, my options are: (A) Take the settlement and let the insurance have it, (B) Keep the truck, and sell it for parts, then scrap the rest, or (C) Keep the truck and sell it as a whole for someone to use for parts. I'm leaning towards (A) or (C), as I really don't have the time or room to tear parts of the truck. I'll put this in a new thread to see what kind of interest there is for a parts truck.