Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

putting timing cover back on help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting timing cover back on help please

I'm trying this in a new thread since I haven't got any responses. Please, no one get mad that I have previously posted this.

I am trying to get the timing cover back on. However, I don't have the tool they mention for spinning the gear onto the woodruff key and I can't move it. I have a picture so please look and see what you think I need to do. I don't think the gear is back far enough. It is flush with the groove for the gasket that goes between the gear and the viscous fan but appears that it would rub the gasket.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't need any special tools. You just need to make sure that the inner oil pump gear notch slides over the woodruff key. If the front cover houseing meets up with the block you got it. If it doesn't rotate the inner gear until you feel it slide over the key. Get it the not in close relation to the key while the cover is off the engine and then place the cover on you will need to rotate the cover to assure alignment. PM me with your number if you have any more questions.

Cheers