Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Air bags question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hate driving somewhere and having to "Drag *** " going home. Then wait 2 hours restart and have it Pump up.Would rather throw in a set of springs and be done with it. Sorry if I offended anyone but I hate it whan you ask a simple question and it becomes a 7 page answer. I do not drive off road unless I fall to sleep, and I use this truck as a second vehicle for hauling my grand kids to the Drive in. My "OTHER" car is a classic 99MB Sport W202 Black on Black.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Winching

I thought I saw an emergency kit out there somewhere that allowed you to do just that. ??

I'll see if I can find it.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Winching
Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFlea
Just hate driving somewhere and having to "Drag *** " going home. Then wait 2 hours restart and have it Pump up.Would rather throw in a set of springs and be done with it. Sorry if I offended anyone but I hate it whan you ask a simple question and it becomes a 7 page answer. I do not drive off road unless I fall to sleep, and I use this truck as a second vehicle for hauling my grand kids to the Drive in. My "OTHER" car is a classic 99MB Sport W202 Black on Black.
Might want to consider repairing the SLS and enjoy the ride for the next many years.
By the way, I never asked for a 7 page answer, I wanted to find out why you were making what I considered to be a bad mistake instead of just fixing the problem, which is normally not too hard to do.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Overlanding

I am going to keep the truck original as much as money will let me do it. I feel that for some reason the pump works when it wants so I am going to remove the unit , clean all the connectors,wires,hoses and components to see where the problems is. I am the type that is I have the bells and whistles on the car....then they should work or be repaired . Thanks for the info MrFlea

Old 07-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Administrator

If you want some help with the system, send me your number and I'll call and walk you thru what to do or check.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Winching

Fwiw, I love my sls system. My pump is getting a little loud and I'm not sure what luck I'd have rebuilding it. It still works fine, just startles the hell out of people standing next to it when it kicks on. I don't know how many times I have had to answer the "what the hell is that?" Questions. I see EAS makes an aftermarket replacement unit. I don't think I'd ever replace it with coils though, it does do a great job of keeping the truck level even when its full of people.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

X2 on that, I put an ad on the "parts wanted" section looking for take off equipment from people who converted to coils??? But i got a new set of arontt bags, height sensors, and a couple of compressor for pennys on the dollar. Now I have enough to keep my sls running for quite a while. I couldnt wait to get the coil conversion out of my truck.

Last edited by drowssap; 08-01-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Administrator

You should be able to do a temp fix by letting your air bags fill up so the truck is level then unplug the leads to the control unit. By doing that, if it is an electrical issue, you can turn off the signal to deflate.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike,

How do you unplug the leads to the control unit?

My new to me 2000 Disco II is dropping its drivers side rear suspension and I am trying to isolate the problem.

I am assuming that if I unplug the control unit and the drivers rear continues to droop, that i have a leaky airbag? I have sprayed with soapy water but did not see any leaks.

Thanks!

Andy

Quick Reply: Rear Air bags question