Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Passenger Door Handle - Driver's Side

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear Passenger Door Handle - Driver's Side

This is my first post - new to the forum, but lurked for a while prior to taking the plunge into Land Rover ownership.

I recently purchased a used2000 Discovery Series II. Upon attempting to open the driver's side passenger door from the outside, I've learned that the door handle does not work. The door opens fine from the inside. I've removed the interior door panel and found a small metal rod and two green clips down inside the door. From the looks of things, I'm assuming that this rod connects the handle mechanism to the latch itself and that the green clips hold the rod in place. In addition, the actual thumb lock that sticks up through the door panel is missing. I can't seem to locate it inside the door panel and wonder if it may have been pulled off somehow and discarded.

I have been searching for some type of exploded parts diagram online with no luck. Would any of you have any idea where I can find an exploded parts diagram so that I can see how the parts all interrelate. Also, do any options exist beside the dealership for the thumb latch?

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Jeff

Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Rear Passenger Door Handle - Driver's Side

Might want to go on E-Bay and buy a Rave CD of the shop manual, they are cheap and will have everything you need.
Mike

Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks - Already have one on the way, but was impatient... Got the door handle fixed today, but still needing the thumb pull assembly. At least the door will open from the outside now...

Jeff

Old 02-23-2008, 07:53 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

triple threat or anybody...

i also have the same issue. power locks actuate, interior door handle opens driver's door, BUT the outside handle pulls normal but cannot trigger the door to open.

i pulled out the panel. i saw the vetical rod that is connected to the outside handle. that goes up and down. there is a black plastic clip that is attached to the rod.

i can't locate the green clips that you mentioned. does anyone know why the rod can still go up and down but does not trigger the driver's door to open? i felt the bottom of the door and there were no parts laying around? any insight? do i need to replace the door mechanism?

Old 02-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I figured that if the RAVE CD could be bought online there isa good chance that someone has it on PDF... Check out this website and let me know if this is it:

http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...&Itemid=29