Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear wiper arm replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear wiper arm replacement

So, we had an ice storm here last week, and rather than cleaning the whole truck off I was lazy and just turned the rear defroster on...hit the rear wiper and snap (cheap plastic and 0 degree temps don't mix). Just got the part in the mail, wiper arm is easy part. My question is if anyone has replaced theirs, and if the washer fluid tube is "plug and play" or am I going to have to remove the rear door panel and run the washer tube through to the rear washer motor?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rear wiper arm replacement

I replaced mine over a year ago and I removed the inside door panel to attach the tube. I remember it being pretty easy. The hardest part about it was removing the spare tire and putting it back on.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Drifting

I replaced mine this weekend, and also removed the inner door panel. It was no big deal at all. I agree with Drummer; the hard part was the spare

Old 02-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Just be careful when removing the door panel so you don't break too many of the panel clips, use a flat blade to help pop them free. Also, don't tare the plastic inner cover, make a clean cut with a knife, make your repairs and them take up the cut with duct tape.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks. The Rave CD is great but it's not much for details.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:11 PM
4wd Low

I have a similar issue, except mine was broken by my daughter who thought she could manually use the rear wiper[:@]. Where did you get your replacement from? How much are they?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 02-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Rock Crawling

Atlantic British, $35. here's the link. http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/DKB500310PMD.cfm

Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
4wd Low

I guess I was just lazy with my replacement of the wiper arm. I cut the hose behind the spare wheel and connected the new pieceto the old witha vacuum connector. Cost me about $2.00 for a box of connectors. Actuallyperformed therepair/replacement in the parking lot of the auto parts store. Saved taking the door apart thats for sure. Been in place now for over a year and never had any problems.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Drifting

Believe it or not, I got mine through the dealer. After contemplating shipping costs and the "instant gratification" factor, it was less than ordering. I paid 50 plus tax...

Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
4wd Low

Thanks for the help guys. I'd probably go to the dealer for the same reasons, except the closest one is in Spokane, WA, 3 hours away! So I guess I'll be ordering. I also need to get a couple of other small things, so I'm looking forward to checking out Atlantic British.

This is a great forum. None of my old jeepin buddies understand why I wanted the Disco instead of a cherokee, so it's nice to get connected with like minds.

Quick Reply: rear wiper arm replacement