Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reattaching door panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reattaching door panel

Hello all! I have two broken finger nails and am beginning to growl like a bear, but let me tell you about the problem you can actually help with...Please tell me how the clips that secure the door panel work. Everything I read tells how to remove the door panel and then offers some statement about doing everything in reverse to closeit all up. I have alleviated my window problem, but can't tell how these clips work. They are red and yellow and I don't know if I was too rough when "gently pried" to remove the door panel because all I have now are U-shaped slots to slide the door panel onto. If I were to unscrew them all so that I could properly attach the panel, how would I get them "screwed" back into where they belong? (other than tapping them in with a hammer)
Does this make sense? or am I talking lke a girl?
My vehicle is a 95 Land Rover Discovery and I like everything about her with the exception of her electrical issues (which are just about nonexistant now!!).
Thanks in advance for any help- I truly appreciate your time.
amylynn

Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: reattaching door panel

Are you sure you haven't broken the clips, pretty common, especially on an older truck. Might want to go to your local auto parts store and buy some new ones.
Mike

Old 12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: reattaching door panel

Anything's possible. What should they look like? These are obviously a 2 part deal and both parts are still in the door. If I were to try to use them as is I would have to align the piece on the panel with all the clips in the door and slide them all in at one time. It wasn't meant to be that nerve wracking, was it?
I do appreciate your time; thanks a bunch!
amylynn