Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced Water Pump and Hose along with Thermostat - Still Overheating Plus other..

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

So everyone, I appreciate all the responses but I left off at this point on the Rover because of personal and business reasons.. I'm sorry I didn't continue on this issue... But, what do you think I need to do now with the Rover getting all these codes and also something I noticed:

To sum it up to this point..
In a nutshell. I thought the overheat was caused by a leak in the radiator, hoses and changed those along with a new thermostat, new water pump, and all the little hoses from the radiator (They cracked when I was moving it around) also lately a radiator cap seemed to not be screwing on right so I replaced it...

I'm still getting a overheat problem.

I did notice that when running the engine a while the top hoses are hot but the bottom seem cool. I already changed the water-pump and thermostat.. Do you think I have a a engine head leak???

Dee

Old 10-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Three Wheeling

Do you have water flow into the reservoir? May have large air pocket in the cooling system. Preform a block test, you can buy the kit. If the fluid changes color you know you hc in the cooling system. Try to bleed the cooling system when cold. Also you may want to replace the coolant temp switch, use ome on the part, not (FAE brand)

Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't drive it.
IF you still need to drive it - visually inspect the coolant level and keep it full.
Make sure the belt is routed correctly.

You have a barrel of snakes there my friend..

Misfire on #4 is not good news. Cylinder liner may be moving and block cracked or leaking.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
4wd High
Default RE: Replace Water Pump....

So from this point. What step should I take. I have evne considered using some of these sealants to stop leaks and to see if the overheat stops.

If I need to rebuild. I have experience with that. I overhauled several Toyota enegine.. (Spun Rod on Crank),,etc..
Just neer have attempted a Rover.. But have access to a machine shop (Friend) that will actually make a part to spec...
Also, Does the Rave tell you everything how to go about overhauling a Disc II engine...

Thanks everyone...

Last edited by Dee Quirod; 11-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.