Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

resinator

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:47 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resinator

any body cut off their resinator?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: resinator

I cut mine off when installing a new custom bumper. I had also bent it a couple of time and was not looking in that good a shape. That was 4 years ago, what an improvement, sound slightly better, better ground clearance, but it is the sound that I like. I am 60 plus, not a kid any more but I like this.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

D1 or D2? either way, make sure and use a tip to turn it down or you will lose you tail lights in the bumper. Check the mods section on exhaust. There are a couple of clips on you tube ...

Old 09-03-2007, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 94 manual Discovery with 180K and just had my local muffler shop cut off the resonator . I did not notice any difference in sound, unless I am in the back by the exhaust, any even then it's only a very slight difference (if any). For some reason, I feel the car has a little more power than before (it might just be because I also enlarged theintake by removing the plastic breathing tube and enlarging the intake by cutting the plasticaround the air filter housing, and added a side vent through the fender). It's quite easy, and it seams to add more low end power. My next step is to cut the original muffler and add a flow master . The real gain though, is the added increase in ground clearance, especially if you do a lot of off-roading!