Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Responsible land rover driver look

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Responsible land rover driver look

Often times we see our rigs reflecting our life styles, through mods and accessories. However, how do the drivers reflect the land rover brand? Do I have to wear hiking clothes?? What brand shoes?? Long hair or short?? Mullet? It seems that one driver or another is always wearing a ball cap? Or is this just another useless thread, because I'm bored??

Old 06-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomzsix
Often times we see our rigs reflecting our life styles, through mods and accessories. However, how do the drivers reflect the land rover brand? Do I have to wear hiking clothes?? What brand shoes?? Long hair or short?? Mullet? It seems that one driver or another is always wearing a ball cap? Or is this just another useless thread, because I'm bored??
I wear rugged clothes (always have), boots, and I have short hair.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Something i can get dirty because im always working on my disco.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Usually I wear fitted Italian silk shirts and Gucci loafers. That seems to be the appropriate garb to wear when I drive to the dealership so they can adjust my seat for me and flush my blinker fluid. As for my hair, I just had it trimmed. It's now only half way down my back. WTF? LOL!

Old 06-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I carried Grey Poupon, but it was moldy after 3 years. I kinda dress like an eccentric as to not want people to ask me for help. I guess you just pick a favourite outdoor brand and pretend you're ready for some zombie apocalypse . Jeep people here in Portland dress like they're ready for a backyard barbeque. We have millions of Subaru drivers here, too, and they dress like they're ready for protesting or the second coming of Hillary.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Around here there aren't very many well kept / modified discoveries. They are all ragged out, pouring coolant on the ground, sagging with blown air bags, peeling paint, etc.

Personally I bought a disco so that while I'm wheeling, I can casually crawl passed stuck jeeps, while sipping champagne and listening to Beethoven. I chuckle at their quaint, rattley ****box bathtubs, and commenced to light my pipe.

The following users liked this post:
Virgil Grillone (06-12-2021)
Old 06-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomzsix
I carried Grey Poupon, but it was moldy after 3 years. I kinda dress like an eccentric as to not want people to ask me for help. I guess you just pick a favourite outdoor brand and pretend you're ready for some zombie apocalypse . Jeep people here in Portland dress like they're ready for a backyard barbeque. We have millions of Subaru drivers here, too, and they dress like they're ready for protesting or the second coming of Hillary.
There are a TON of 40k+ jeeps running around here mall crawling, the Subes are all anti Trump with rainbow stickers on them. I live close to "mini" Portland, Ashland OR. Not sure what they are wearing, but I think you got it nailed.

The following users liked this post:
Virgil Grillone (06-12-2021)
Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Default My Rovin Wardrobe

Nothing but a jock strap, a cowboy hat, and a smile.

Unless it the weekend, then I get wierd.

The following 2 users liked this post by zuke:
dgi 07 (06-09-2017), Motorhead1 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Like stiffler: I hang out with my **** out and rock out with my **** out. Also wear a auburn visor and some costa shades

Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black, black and more black. That's the way I roll. hahahaha..

Quick Reply: Responsible land rover driver look