Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof rack MIA

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roof rack MIA

I ordered a roof rack for my '04 DII three weeks ago. Ordered the standard Baja rack through a repretable company. They placed the order with Baja rack, to be built & shipped to me via UPS, on 8/22/14...UPS scheduled a delivery with me last Wednesday 8/27/14. I worked a half day so that I could be home to receive delivery. UPS calls two hours before delivery and say "I am sorry, but we have lost the freight and will call to reschedule a time for delivery once the freight has been located and delivered to Tampa, Florida." Ok, so I informed the seller and have called UPS daily only to receive the generic response "we will contact you once the freight has been located." The seller has been good to stay in contact with me daily and has worked with Baja rack to track this UPS conundrum. I am at a lose as to how the heck a box approximately 6' long / 4' wide and 130lbs. gets lost for a week+, but I am about over it! I will give it a couple of days, then I will simply go to my Credit Card company and dispute the charge. I was hoping to get the Baja rack for the simple reason that it is BUILT and built well for the price. But I may be calling Voyager up next week.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Not to be rude, but I am unsure why you would feel anything negative towards baja rack in that situation.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Three Wheeling

Sounds like you need to take this up with UPS unless BajaRack is driving the truck.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Drifting

I am not upset with Bajarack...My problem is with UPS; however, the shipping agreement is between Bajarack and UPS. I am simply the receiver of the package. My money is with Bajarack.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Mudding

I have received literally hundreds of packages at my home address from UPS. One day on a Friday in June I got a call from UPS that they had a package to deliver to my house, but that my address did not exist and that they couldn't find it. I live in the city where the streets are all laid out in a grid pattern and are clearly marked. I had to sit on the phone for an hour with UPS describing where my house was while they tried to locate it on google maps. I had to argue with them that my address does exist and that hey had delivered there many times before. They finished the call by stating that they wouldn't be able to deliver the package that day (Friday), but that they could either deliver it on Monday (if they could find my address) or that I could come pick it up from their distribution center 55 miles away. UPS delivers on Saturday if the correct level of shipping was bought. I tried to get them to deliver on Saturday, but they wouldn't do it even though it was their mistake. I was fairly irritated to say the least. I lodged a complaint with their corporate headquarters and got a letter of appology.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:39 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

unfortunately; you are correct the contract was between Baja rack and UPS.
you have no claim in the matter, as you did not contract or pay UPS Baja Racks did.
i have been threw it before UPS will Pay off Baja rack.
as soon as UPS picks it up you should ask Baja Rack for a credit and reorder a new one.
other wise you money could be tied up for weeks.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The supplier will need to claim from the courier. In the meantime, they should send you a replacement at their expense - after all, although they have a contract with UPS, they also have a contract with YOU that they have not yet fulfilled.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have had packages misrouted halfway across the country before they caught up with it and got it back on track and then delivered a week or more late. That may be the case and UPS should be able to track it down unless the driver delivered it to the wrong address and they are not able to recover it. Then the company should send you another one or refund you.

If they do catch up with it and then finally deliver it I would check it good before the driver leaves since the longer something is in transit and tossed from truck to truck, the greater the chances of it being damaged.

Also if they deliver it late UPS will usually refund the shipping amount to the shipper if they file a claim for shipping costs and then the shipper will normally refund you the shipping amount if you ask for it.

If it's been over a week past the scheduled delivery date and they still have not tracked it down and got it back on track or it is still not showing up as rerouted and headed your way on tracking, I would ask the shipper to send another one or for a refund, then they can take it up with UPS as far as filing a claim and all that.

Normally if it's a reputable company like you are dealing with they will take care of it right away and do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. It's usually the small one shot dipsh*ts that are a problem and want you to wait several weeks to a month while they file a claim and get their check before they send you a refund. I have dealt with all types.

I know it's a pain to order something and then not get it when you are supposed to but, I don't think you have anything to worry about other than the inconvenience.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Drifting
Default Update...

BajaRack built another unit & shipped it via a smaller freight company. Received the rack Friday & installed it directly! I have owned a few racks on a Jeep, FJ40 & a truck...I can say that BajaRack builds a heck of a unit. Aside from the serious delay, thanks to UPS, I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

glad everything got straightened out

Quick Reply: Roof rack MIA