Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching for my 2004 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:22 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for my 2004 Discovery

In 2013 I traded my Discovery II to a dealer in Chicago for a new Subaru Outback. Whenever we see one on the road my wife has never failed to tell me how this was her favorite car and wishes we never sold it. I have tried searching for the car by inputting vin into google search etc... and know it was sold in Michigan but after that nothing. I would love to put the car back in my driveway. If anyone knows of a way to track down a car your help would be appreciated. SALTR19494A835635.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Doesn't carfax give you some of that info?

Old 10-29-2017, 08:36 AM
4wd Low

Agreed on the Carfax, at least it will tell you where it was last registered.

That being said, Discos are cheap as hell right now. Especially in Chicago, I may buy another one just to flip since a plane ticket is only $40

What is it about this particular one that you want it back?

Old 10-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Color?

Old 10-29-2017, 08:41 AM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts
Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,239 Posts

looks like it to me

Old 10-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Winching
Received 119 Likes on 93 Posts

Hmmmm, good story but I don't know. Search that VIN and THE FIRST link is the site selling that very truck.

I think Chicago Brian works for 2040-cars, no?

Old 10-29-2017, 12:00 PM
8th Gear
Default searching for my disco II

Wow thanks for the quick responses- I will respond in reverse order-
Red 5- I do not work for 2040 or any car company (I am general contractor) Your correct that site came up first but you can't actually contact them no phone , you send them email they never respond. I am not saying the site is not legit but wouldn't a reputable dealer have a phone number- they don't.

Over rover- yes thats the one.

Rusty and Army- carfax doesnt give you a name or address- and i understand why in todays society of stalkers etc...

Why that one- I suppose in some way I am trying to recapture a little bit of when my kids where young. It was a great car that we took many family road trips in including an epic 5K trip to badlands, wyoming, utah etc.. and got it full of red dirt in moab- but-it was just so freakin expensive to keep on the road-I know home construction- not car repairs and my disco went to a great local mechanic in Forest Park, Il and even he said would love me to keep the car because it was paying his mortgage but every month it was something - suspension, coils, horn going off on its own. But all that being said my wife loved the car and it would be cool to get it back- dump some cash into making it her local daily driver (keeping subaru for long hauls). Like a lot of things we miss what we once had.

I know finding its a long shot but you never know-

Would I consider another one- maybe but finding a 2004 hse7 black/black in pristine condition doesn't seem likely.

Thanks for all the input.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
8th Gear

I do not work for 2040 or any other car company. I am a general contractor in Illinois. The 2040 site does come up and I tried to follow up with them but dont think its a legit site- no number you can call, only email contact etc.. and the photos are old.
Answering some of the other remarks- car fax only tells the state and general location so no way to track who has it. I understand why in the age of stalkers etc...

why this car- for the for the 6 years we owned it (2nd owners) it was driven by my wife and never off road, abused in any way and was serviced by a land rover mechanic so up until I traded it I know its history- which doesn't get any better then this one. I am not a mechanic so whatever it needed- and it needed a lot, it went to the mechanic.
Also this car has a lot of good family road trip memories- we took some long 5K family trips out west- montana, utah etc... and the car was great other then getting about 11 mph when driving at 70 mph.

As far as finding another I dont think I can find a Java/black 7 seater HSE trim - at least none have come up in searches over the past few months.

For me it will never be an off road vehicle and I know that bothers some people- why buy it etc... My wife loves the way it looks and drives so thats reason enough for me.

Thanks to all for your responses. .

Old 11-19-2018, 04:52 PM
8th Gear

I am still searching for the 2004 black/black HSE7 - vin SALTR19494A835635

Quick Reply: Searching for my 2004 Discovery