Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat covers... better than Cabelas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I know real sheepskin is so 70's, but I'm a child of the 60's so I've been looking at them, too. I remember sheepskin keeping me warm and cool at the right times and making me taller.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Those are much cheaper

Old 08-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
at $500 a pair they better out last the truck
They will. I was lucky enough to find a new set at a reduced price by Melville and Moon on ebay a few years ago. They fit like a glove and they are extra tough. Way Expensive ....hell yes but they are one of the best!

Old 08-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
They will. I was lucky enough to find a new set at a reduced price by Melville and Moon on ebay a few years ago. They fit like a glove and they are extra tough. Way Expensive ....hell yes but they are one of the best!
I must have used the wrong conversion tool for their prices. I thought they were CHEAP.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone used the Wet Okole covers? I've used these on other vehicles and they always fit great. Anyone ever use these?

Pic out of their cover gallery.

J

Old 10-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,239 Posts

I considered them for my MG but never looked at them for the disco. Look like they fit pretty well though.

Originally Posted by drowssap
at $500 a pair they cost more than the truck

Fixed that for you

The following users liked this post:
drowssap (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We deal with Ruff-Tuff out of Salt Lake and I have been very impressed with the fit and quality. They have a Dura EZ-Care material that is heavier than most back packs (same type of material) that I bought for the wife's car and it is the material that I would consider "Rover-worthy". Looks like it will wear real well. They have a good web site that might be worth looking at.

As far as fit, we also deal with Dash Designs out of Tempe, AZ and their seat covers also fit very well. Their materials are not quite as heavy-duty as the Ruff Tuff, but they do have a Genuine Neoprene material that is waterproof and a bit cheaper also. We sell the Ruff Tuff for @$300 a pair wher the Dash Designs are @$150/pair (the waterproof are $200/pr). Also a good web site to check out. Russ

Old 10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a set of Wet Okole covers in my f-350 for years. great fit, super durable, and sold them for bout 70% of cost when I put new interior in the truck.

they take a minute or two to show up, but they can't be beat if you're out there getting dirty.

Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLDisco
I had a set of Wet Okole covers in my f-350 for years. great fit, super durable, and sold them for bout 70% of cost when I put new interior in the truck.

they take a minute or two to show up, but they can't be beat if you're out there getting dirty.

Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

I think this is the way I will go again. They have many color/piping options and patterns.

Jason

Old 11-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They're on my list for the disco for sure. The ones in my ford had 6 years of dudes, dogs, sawdust and gunpowder on them, and they never missed a beat.

You can machine wash them with neoprene-safe detergent and dry and they look basically new.

IIRC, the front set cost me about $350 with shipping to georgia. Back was a little cheaper but it was a bench seat.

Also, @charlie_v - you might be surprised what you can get a seat bottom re-upholstered for. There is a store near me called Tempe Sales that stocks the light tan leather which matched my 2003 interior perfectly. I used a strip to make a steering wheel cover and it looks basically stock.

Quick Reply: seat covers... better than Cabelas?