Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling 2003 Landrover Discovery....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 246 Likes on 198 Posts

this has been a great thread to follow.
starts with a rover owner ready to sell because of maintenance/mechanical issues and ends with several other forum members chipping in time, tools and parts to keep the truck on the road.

love it.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good! I will text you Sunday am when leaving the City, Do all I need to get is the part you sent me the link too?

Thanks so much!

Old 02-06-2019, 10:18 AM
TReK
Received 761 Likes on 629 Posts

yes, order that pcv from amazon. and bring the replacement steering pump, of course.
i do have a spare throttle body heater kit so i'll bring that, and install it too if there's time.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:27 AM
TReK

so just to resolve this thread...
zuke sent a spare power steering pump to the original poster at no charge. she and i met up today and i replaced the worn out one with the new one, along with replacing the low-pressure hose with a spare from my parts truck. while i was in there i also switched out the throttle body heater (i had a spare kit and hers was leaking) and we installed the fram pcv. also changed out the front wipers and got her rear tailgate door working after lubricating it thoroughly.
engine sounded good and smooth after all of these interventions, and the steering appeared to work perfectly. i recommended doing an oil change to conventional rather than synthetic, and also replacing the bosch spark plugs with ngk iridium plugs. the wires (and i presume coils) were done in 2016. it has dexcool in it so long-term recommendation would be to flush that and switch to green coolant.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

So rad!

Glad everything got fixed

Old 02-17-2019, 08:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 819 Likes on 596 Posts

Need pics! Of you and her together!

Old 02-17-2019, 09:10 PM
TReK

she'll have to be the one to provide those -- and i know she took some

Old 02-18-2019, 09:23 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Thank you Landrover Forums!!!

Originally Posted by mollusc
so just to resolve this thread...
zuke sent a spare power steering pump to the original poster at no charge. she and i met up today and i replaced the worn out one with the new one, along with replacing the low-pressure hose with a spare from my parts truck. while i was in there i also switched out the throttle body heater (i had a spare kit and hers was leaking) and we installed the fram pcv. also changed out the front wipers and got her rear tailgate door working after lubricating it thoroughly.
engine sounded good and smooth after all of these interventions, and the steering appeared to work perfectly. i recommended doing an oil change to conventional rather than synthetic, and also replacing the bosch spark plugs with ngk iridium plugs. the wires (and i presume coils) were done in 2016. it has dexcool in it so long-term recommendation would be to flush that and switch to green coolant.

I think there is a film here. Love how you all help others just because of your enthusiasm for a car/brand.

More to follow but thank you Mollusc and Zuke and everyone else for chiming in. Today 2 new tires and she’s good to go!

Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Mudding
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I like jeeps. I like guns. I'm new to the Land Rover world, but now I like Land Rovers. I always said I had never had a bad deal with a jeep person or a gun nut, and I can now say that Land Rover nuts fall into the same class. Looking to help each other with advice, experience, and even parts and labor. I'm glad I bought my rover and hope to contribute more as I gain experience with it. You can bet if I see a rover on the side of the road that I'll be pulling over to offer assistance. Glad I found this forum. Thank you to all of you.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Three Wheeling

[QUOTE=disco2003NYC;680900]

I think there is a film here. Love how you all help others just because of your enthusiasm for a car/brand.

More to follow but thank you Mollusc and Zuke and everyone else for chiming in. Today 2 new tires and she’s good to go!

Quick Reply: Selling 2003 Landrover Discovery....