Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop Recommendations in ATL

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021 | 07:39 AM
|
4th Gear
Default Shop Recommendations in ATL

Hello everyone, I have a new to me 99 Disco II. We recently moved to Atlanta, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a LR shop (preferably independent) in the area that could do a brake job on the car. The brakes feel slightly spongy, and the 3 amigos are on. I would normally take this on myself, as I am a relatively competent wrench, but a) I don't have the correct scan tool, and b) I have not built my workshop yet- and I don't like working in the driveway. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-16-2021 | 09:26 AM
Camel Trophy

Dude... you can definitely save money by bleeding the brakes yourself. It's so easy with 2 people and a 10mm wrench even without a diagnostic scan tool to bleed the ABS module.
But if need be, there are a bunch of garages but outside of ATL. You also have 3 Pull-A-Part stores in the area to choose from to get scrapped Land Rover parts.

I lived in Smyrna so these are some of the LR garages I used or know friends that went to...
- *Bear Valley Services, Roswell - Specializes in Land Rovers. Excellent service and prices. I will definitely vouch for their outstanding service.
- *Atlanta on Wheels, Alpharetta - This is where I bought my used Disco 2 for a great price. Jay and Calvin are good people.
- Enzo's Automotive service, Marietta - They mostly deal with high end cars.
- Rocco's European Garage, East Cobb - Another garage for high end cars. They do great work but very costly.
- The Shop, Norcross - All they work on is Land Rovers. I used to drive out of my way just to see the Defenders and old Series trucks that sat out front waiting to be worked on.
- British Precision LR, Alpharetta - All he works on is Land Rovers. Independent mechanic who works out of his house. He has quite a few YouTube videos.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 04-17-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-16-2021 | 09:57 AM
|
4th Gear

Thanks for the recs! Do you think bleeding the ABS module might have a shot at fixing the pedal feel or the 3 amigos? I suppose its worth it to try.

Old 04-16-2021 | 01:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The brakes on these D2's aren't great even when they are fully up to snuff, it probably won't fix the 3 amigos but it is worth your time and (especially) money to grab a scanner. I have an Autel 619, $100 from amazon and it can scan ABS codes and give you some insight on the 3 Amigos. Honestly, you're in the D2 club now so you're gonna want one sooner or later and getting it now just recoups the cost earlier! Most of the time the amigos are caused by a ground fault problem fixed by the so-called "Option B" which you can look up. It's doubtful that any shop will perform this fix for you so you have to do it your self, but it's cheap and it works!