Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silbead

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silbead

Anyone used or heard from a friend about this. I'm going to buy winter silblade from AB but they dont sell Silbead. PLUS i dont feel like paying 8 for a bottle and8 for shipping as i've found on many sites. Anyone seen it for sale at stores?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: Silbead

I thought the SilBlades left a coating of silicone on the windshield already. If you haven't purchased the wipers yet, why not order from Expedition Exchange, they carry both products.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

As far as I know, Sillblade doesn't make a winter blade.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Rock Crawling

they make a winter blade. ive owned a pair but didnt like em too much. valeo ultimate wipers from tire rack are the best ive used.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Rock Crawling

Thats why i wanted suggestions when you go to a website and read what they say about a product, you tend to think its the best thing in the world, unless you get real opinions from us consumers.

I read somewhere that silbead you could use on side windows? mostly what i was looking for. says it helps stop foging. so thought maybe a try. Anyone know a good site where people write reviews on commonly used products? i was told once, but forgot. And i do like tire rack. Dont know if i'm going to buy from there, but the reviews help for making a decision. I've decided to buy a set of winter tires. The tires i have now, are way over due, and for michigan use, i think they would come in handy. country. last to be plowd.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

For my wifes Volvo I bought Anco "Euro?" blades, for the Rover I have the Bosch version.
They are the blades that have the airdam to help hold them to the glass and they have no "spine" so they form to the glass.
AutoZone carries them.