Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLS-> COIL so FS: Air System + Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SLS-> COIL so FS: Air System + Spacers

Posted this in for sale as well but figure a lot of you won't check there. Pulled the air-suspension system yesterday. The sensor that wasn't transmitting started working again once things dried out as well so probably just needs better sealing.

So I've got two good airbags, both sensors, the compressor, etc for sale along with two 2" RTE airbag spacers for sale.

My impressions of the conversion to RTE HD coils so far is that the springs are firmer than the airbags for sure, but most noticable is their increased return rate. The N107 shocks are not damped enough for these coils for sure, the in-corner bouncing I was getting before is worse but this was expected. I'll be retaining the springs top and bottom both front and back and fitting a set of 12" Bilstein 7100 valved to be significantly stiffer than the OME shocks to compensate for the stiffer springs soon and since the 7100's are tunable I'll be able to fiddle with valving myself until I'm happy with the ride.

In the end if you're keeping SLS and you like the more plush ride great! but keep a set of spares around, they're quick to replace/repair for sure but not having spares can mean waiting a few days for parts. I'll entertain any reasonable offers.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: SLS-> COIL so FS: Air System + Spacers

I still keep wondering why you bought a Disco, there hasn't been any part of your truck that seems to please you.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SLS-> COIL so FS: Air System + Spacers

I wonder why people settle for what's available out there mass market. Why settle when you can have the fun of learning, tweaking, experimentation, and finally something you're really happy with?

Land Rovers have always been the machine bought by engineers, mechanics, and others who want to mess around and customize things. If you want something that's well done from the factory why didn't you buy a Prado or 4Runner?