Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Stainless brake lines

I am about to order stainless brake lines to go with my Terra Firma slotted rotors and akebono pads, will it matter it if they are plus 2'" (40mm)? I am getting different answers when I call around. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shouldn't matter, if you plan to lift it, then get them, if not, I don't see why you'd pay more for the extended ones.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Just note there are 6 lines total. One at each caliper and two at the modulator.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Wynhd and others:

When you do the SS brake lines, kindly share where you purchased them and the length. Maybe post a website link of the SS brake lines and post to this thread? You know, size and length, etc. I'm in the market for SS brake lines as well. However, my '03 disco is stock; no lift or oversize tires and I'd like to order the correct item.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphobell
Just note there are 6 lines total. One at each caliper and two at the modulator.
Yes, as ralphobell just mentioned, there are 6 lines total that can be replaced. If you haven't already, you will notice that some sets only come with the 4 caliper lines. I'm about ready to install a 2" OME lift and although I know it's not required (from what I've read online), I went with the "extended" SS brake lines from Atlantic British. Just bought them last week from their eBay store where they offer free shipping and ends up being a better deal when compared to buying them from the AB website.

Stainless Steel Brake Hose Kit Discovery Series II w Raised Suspension | eBay

Old 05-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you ever disconnect your sways you'll need them. You'd never want to test the tensile strength of your brake lines.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

@ralphobell, I wasn't aware that I needed the 6 lines. Will look for those tomorrow.

@gbob-per the request, I believe I was looking at 4x4 outfitters in San Antonio. They have a set (4) listed on eBay for $75 w/ free shipping. Will look for the 6 SS line package instead. That's either branded Goodridge or Terra Firma, will most likely call Justin at lucky8.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To overover 2:

Mouse clicked on the link you provided (ebay link). Ebay website from vendor said product is not compatible with my '03 disco. Also, maybe I'm cheap, but $140 for the six seems pricey.

I'm I missing something?
gbob

Old 05-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 05-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gbob
To overover 2:

Mouse clicked on the link you provided (ebay link). Ebay website from vendor said product is not compatible with my '03 disco. Also, maybe I'm cheap, but $140 for the six seems pricey.

I'm I missing something?
gbob
@gbob If you scroll down to Item Specifics within the eBay description you will see (which mirrors the description on the AB website)...

ITEM DESCRIPTION
Performance Stainless Steel Brake Hose Kit for Land Rover Discovery Series II w/ Raised Suspension
Fits Vehicle:
Discovery Series II (1999 - 2004)

[Part # ABP218L)

Not sure why the eBay chart for compatibility doesn't include 03'-04' models (but again, you can see from the description that it does). If you're still unclear give AB a quick call. As ralphobell mentioned, the SS brake kits are currently on sale at the AB website (and they have been for weeks now, so sale may be ending soon). The eBay price is currently the same as the AB website, however, through eBay they offer FREE SHIPPING. Also, there's less than a $10 difference between the Stock Suspension kit and the Raised Suspension kit from AB so factor that in too. I was going with the Raised Suspension either way, although I know it wasn't required for my 2" OME lift. If I ever go bigger, new brake lines is not something I'll have to worry about.

Quick Reply: Stainless brake lines