Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalls ShotGun Loud noise , Now won’t even turn over help pls

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 09:08 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalls ShotGun Loud noise , Now won’t even turn over help pls

help please !
I have had about 25 range rovers and this is my first discovery I am stuck about a week and a half ago when I went to crank the vehicle it sounded like somebody shot a shotgun at me it was so loud the neighbors down the road called the police LOL before that it started choking up, very rough idle very rough low speed, at traffic, Lights it would stall unless I put it in neutral and it seems like when it gets below a quarter tank of gas it even gets worse now it will not start at all, I smell the smell of gas very lightly not too heavy someone said it would be the mass airflow sensor I went and got a brand new one and then I found out if I unplugged it that would tell me if it was a functional or not so I wasted money on that because when we unplugged it it still didn’t help the situation,My helper check One of my helpers here checked the relay by pulling out another one and putting in one from the wiper fluid or something, Anyway I am desperately begging for someone to please give me some direction so they will stop playing guinea pig experiment with me, I don’t know why in the world the guy that was over here he’s not a mechanic but he’s trying to tell me it may have jumped the timing chain or something LOL I don’t know what he’s talking about but anyway please anybody had a similar experience in what was it that you found out what was wrong

Old 03-18-2021, 07:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 592 Likes on 335 Posts

Have you hooked up a code reader?

Old 03-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 439 Likes on 299 Posts

that's a long sentence.....

cam position sensor?

check codes...