Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still have troubles after front cover replacement. ..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Still have troubles after front cover replacement. ..

So I had a pretty bad oil leak coupled with the oil sensor light coming on. Did the front cover gasket, new oIL gears, new timing chain and gears. Got her buttoned up and she started on the first crank. But I still have an oil leak and a little less occasional oil light. Also now have a wobbly crank pulley. Also, did not replace front crank seal- had been done by a shop about a year ago. Your thoughts? ...

Old 09-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Winching
Received 119 Likes on 93 Posts

1. From where is the oil leaking? Either you didn't seal everything up correctly, or the cover was not the problem in the first place.
2. What is your actual oil pressure? You should verify with a gauge to determine if there is a problem internally or if it is a bad sensor. What did the gears and cover look like when you replaced? Any scoring?
3. Are you talking the main crankshaft pulley? How much wobble? Short of major damage, I don't see how it could wobble if it slid onto the crank as it should.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

At this point, not sure where oil is leaking from. Will have to take a look. Main crank pulley wobble has me concerned. Never noticed it before, not sure how it can when seated properly. Maybe not on tight enough?