Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Super Lock- again.... not working with all suggested forum answers so far (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/super-lock-again-not-working-all-suggested-forum-answers-so-far-92479/)

srvyjm 12-09-2018 01:47 PM

• OK, fixed the first problem... then another one arose. I rigged up a long, long flat aluminum arm and was able to rig up a hook on the end that I could fit in the passenger window frame and reach all the way across the truck to where the inside handle was. I hooked it around the inside handle and after a couple of careful pulls the door opened! Yay! That's now fixed. I don't think it was super locked at all- just wasn't unlocking because that clip/rod from the outside handle was not proper clipped in place- so when I pulled on the door handle it did nothing- but when I was able to do the inside handle that was still hooked up- it popped the door open. Unfortunately the star-ended key lock rod broke (piece of crap pot metal) so the entire reason I started this project (using the key so I can unlock the door when it's frozen stuck in the cold) is now a moot point until I order a replacement pice. We went to the junk yard today and got a bunch of extra parts (the plastic clips for two of the rods broke too) but the junkyard had all broken lock-rods too! So I'll order the nice solid piece I saw on here yesterday.
Now the new problem! The drivers-side back door is stuck shut. Not sure what happened- I think in all of this the child safety lock was hit- I thought I was unlocking it- but maybe not. The outside door handle of that doesn't want to work all of the sudden- I pulled on it- heard something snap and fall inside- so maybe next weekend I'll pull that panel apart and see what's up on that door! Argh- there's times I just hate these stupid poorly engineered Land Rovers! They're like a high-maintenance girlfriend- can't stop looking at them and thinking their great- but they're really F'd up in the head!

ReconDoc83 12-09-2018 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by srvyjm (Post 672371)
  • OK, fixed the first problem... then another one arose. I rigged up a long, long flat aluminum arm and was able to rig up a hook on the end that I could fit in the passenger window frame and reach all the way across the truck to where the inside handle was. I hooked it around the inside handle and after a couple of careful pulls the door opened! Yay! That's now fixed. I don't think it was super locked at all- just wasn't unlocking because that clip/rod from the outside handle was not proper clipped in place- so when I pulled on the door handle it did nothing- but when I was able to do the inside handle that was still hooked up- it popped the door open. Unfortunately the star-ended key lock rod broke (piece of crap pot metal) so the entire reason I started this project (using the key so I can unlock the door when it's frozen stuck in the cold) is now a moot point until I order a replacement pice. We went to the junk yard today and got a bunch of extra parts (the plastic clips for two of the rods broke too) but the junkyard had all broken lock-rods too! So I'll order the nice solid piece I saw on here yesterday.
Now the new problem! The drivers-side back door is stuck shut. Not sure what happened- I think in all of this the child safety lock was hit- I thought I was unlocking it- but maybe not. The outside door handle of that doesn't want to work all of the sudden- I pulled on it- heard something snap and fall inside- so maybe next weekend I'll pull that panel apart and see what's up on that door! Argh- there's times I just hate these stupid poorly engineered Land Rovers! They're like a high-maintenance girlfriend- can't stop looking at them and thinking their great- but they're really F'd up in the head!

there is a member who sells an upgraded steel replacement rod for the drivers key lock; stops the wiggling and looseness...there is a post; and I need one too.

doc

Rovertech99 01-07-2019 07:14 PM

In case there is anyone who is in aware, if you happen to have a decent shop close by and they have the a good computer ( does not have to be land rover) they can completely disable the super lock function. I did it to mine with a autologic.