Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Lock- again.... not working with all suggested forum answers so far

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Super Lock- again.... not working with all suggested forum answers so far

So I have a broken key- was working on pulling the tumblers out of the driver door lock- put everything back together so I can use my key (it's short- the end broke off- so I have the tumblers out in the ignition and it works great, decided to do the same thing to the door lock so I can keep using the key instead of paying $$$$$$ for a new ignition and matching door lock) anyway- I put it all back together and thought I had "unlocked" everything with the fob (which works)- the horn beeped a few times when I "locked" it with the door open- so I thought everything was good- I shut the door and the truck locked. I hit the fob to unlock it- no luck. I used the key in the door lock- no luck. I tried the lock once- unlock five times- repeat- to unlock the truck- still didn't work. I pried the passenger door frame and we repeatedly pushed the center lock switch to unlock the truck. STILL NOTHING!

WTF is with these trucks?!?! I have the key, I have the fob- I should be able to unlock my own truck without breaking a window! What should I be trying next? I'm at the end. When I "lock" the truck with the key- it sounds like et re-locks everything and I see the alarm "alarm" and the red light flashes. When I "unlock" it- it sounds like it's unlocking things, I get the parking lights flash and can see the turn signal errors flash green- but nothing will actually unlock in the systems doors. WHAT to do?!!! This is super frustrating. I feel like I've tried everything. I even did the key- unlock- hold for three seconds. NOTHING is unlocking the truck.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Overlanding

Update here- I think this is my stupid fault. When I put the door handle back together before I shut the door- apparently I didn't connect the rod that ties the manual lock to the inside door handle. My son (who helped me pull everything apart- pointed this out to me- he was on the "inside" of the door when we pulled the handle and saw/disconnected the rod- I was not aware of it- and didn't bother to ask him!) so I think what's happening is the locks work- but since the driver door rod that connects to the inside handle isn't connected- when the door "unlocks" (which it doesn't) it doesn't signal the system to actually unlock anything because that rod is not connected to the rest of the system. Does that make any sense? Do I have to break a window to crawl in and get that connected so everything will work again?

Also- if I do have to break a window- any advise on which one is easiest to replace?

Old 12-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 782 Posts

I have not taken my door apart, so I do not know about the security measures but could you not get a locksmith to pop the passenger side to get you in.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
I have not taken my door apart, so I do not know about the security measures but could you not get a locksmith to pop the passenger side to get you in.
Nope. It ONLY unlocks from the driver side. We have a slim-jim and can pull up the actual lock from any of the doors- they just snap right back down into the locked position. Does nothing. I think the real problem is the inside handle rod not being connected. I'm not even sure it's in "super lock" any more- it just won't unlock no matter what I try. We can even reach in with a slim piece of aluminum and "push" the inside lock release- it still does nothing.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,666 Posts

I personally disable SUPERLOCK on all my D2's with my Nanocom. Great feature, but as these trucks aren't getting any newer = it's just something to fail. If you're lucky and have an older D2 with the alarm sensors in the headliner F/R. You can simply trick the system into going off by tapping on the drivers window, the horn will sound and the flashers will go off, and with a working fob simply unlock it to disable the alarm, then it will allow you to also unlock the doors.

Trick I learned after leaving my 99 D2 locked for 5 days at the airport only to find it wouldn't unlock.... My drivers door handle apparently has been replaced with a non matching handle so I was stuck at the airport at 1:30AM in the rain. Was going to bust a window when I triggered the alarm and then used the remote and bingo 1.5HR later I was on the road. I'm guessing my alarm was either triggered while I was gone, or the ECU went to sleep and just wouldn't wake up. It never has done it to me again so who knows, but I know the secret handshake now lol.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Overlanding

So if I just make the alarm go off- then hit the unlock button on the remote fob (which does work normally) it will clear the super lock? Is that what you're saying?

Old 12-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

If you have the sensors up in the headliner yes. If you don’t I doubt you’ll get it to go off by just tapping on the glass. You’d have to open the hood to set it off or a door.

It sounds similar to my issue & I truly believe the BCU went to sleep for some reason & then the remote was useless. I woke it up by triggering the alarm.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:26 AM

Ok had a thought my 04 has a dash switch that will both unlock the doors and silence the alarm - right above the passenger side coin tray thing. I know it is a stretch but long thin wire through the passenger door and hit the switch, I know would be a bitch but it might work.

The other thing is when you pull up the lock with slim jim pull the handle - gently at the same time. It only has to unlock for a brief second for the door to open. I have gotten lucky a time or 2 that way myself, car salesmen are really great at locking keys in demos - when the spares are locked up for the night.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

When SUPERLOCKED I'm 99% sure the dash lock/unlock button is 100% useless at that point. I haven't locked myself in to test it recently, but if I'm not mistaken when SUPERLOCK is enabled = the doors won't open from inside or outside and the dash switch is also 100% INOP.

The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 01:03 PM

Best4x4 thanks for the feedback it was just a thought - I do not know if superlock is enabled on mine but I have access to a Navcom via a local club member so disabling is in it's future.

Quick Reply: Super Lock- again.... not working with all suggested forum answers so far