Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superlock Mode Disco II

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Superlock Mode Disco II

My Disco II 2000 model has decided to superlock me completely out. Problem is Im stranded!! My key fob works to lock but not unlock so I have been unlocking with the key & now it is just free spinning. I have had 2 locksmiths who couldnt open it & so today in an attempt to start it we took out the rear glass, climbed in & try to start the vehicle in which the alarm just keeps going off. I have to shut it off with the fob since the door locks are disengaged inside the vehicle as well as the door handles. Anyone know how to disengage the superlock with no unlock on the fob and keyswitch freespinning??? Cant open doors however did get hood open. Fuses look fine. Desparate in Bama!!!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by classiechef
My Disco II 2000 model has decided to superlock me completely out. Problem is Im stranded!! My key fob works to lock but not unlock so I have been unlocking with the key & now it is just free spinning. I have had 2 locksmiths who couldnt open it & so today in an attempt to start it we took out the rear glass, climbed in & try to start the vehicle in which the alarm just keeps going off. I have to shut it off with the fob since the door locks are disengaged inside the vehicle as well as the door handles. Anyone know how to disengage the superlock with no unlock on the fob and keyswitch freespinning??? Cant open doors however did get hood open. Fuses look fine. Desparate in Bama!!!
Ok I have removed the F13 engine compartment fuse unplugged & plugged back the innersia plug, passenger compartment fuses 1 & 20 removed....the only progress made is that the ignition now responds by engaging but not to the point of starting. The engine & doors locks & handles no response. Put all back with same progress with the exception of the F13 fuse which when in place sets alarm off when key is turned.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

You might be able to pull the drivers door panel with the door closed, but it will suck. Maybe you can see why the key just spins that way.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM
4th Gear

Ive been told it is probably the plastic ring/washer that holds the rod in place to the key mechanism. I dont believe I could get the panel off myself. It was tough enough trying to get to the fuses and Im limber.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

If you can find the right inverse torx bit, you might be able to remove the driver's seat to get more room.... not 100% on that... I don't have a d2 anymore, so I'm not sure if you can get too all of the trim and bolts to get the seat out of the way.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 PM
4th Gear

No way I can remove the seat...It's stranded at a friends house & I have limited tools....

Originally Posted by jafir
If you can find the right inverse torx bit, you might be able to remove the driver's seat to get more room.... not 100% on that... I don't have a d2 anymore, so I'm not sure if you can get too all of the trim and bolts to get the seat out of the way.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:29 PM
4wd Low

I am very new to the Disco world but i have done many alarms and factory equipment installs.

With that said i found a wire diagram (http://macassemble.com/lrm/discovery...%20Ciruits.pdf)

if you reference page 19, they show the Receiver radio and the BCM and looks like if you pulse wire C0674-1 (violet/L. Blue) with a 24 ohm resisted ground that should be the same as if you hit your unlock button on the fob.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 PM
4wd Low

or on the same page there is the "sensor key in" that is a normally open switch and just shorts the violet and white/violet wires together when it senses the key in the ignition. I am sure you could find both those wires under the driver dash in the ignition/steering column wire loom.

I do want to say please use this info for reference only. Please view the diagram confirm your self before you go and start touching wires together... Good luck

Old 11-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Drifting
Default This happened to me!!!

I know exactly what your problem is. Same thing happened to me a month ago in the parking lot of my work at 11pm. The pin behind your door key has broken. This pin is connected to the back side of the key hole and goes into a little box inside the door that turns the alarm off and also unlocks the doors. You need to get the door handle off. Its one torx bit in the door jam on the drivers side door (I believe its the larger one) if you don't have a torx bit find an allen or a flathead screw driver that will fit. (I used a flathead) also remove the door panel. (only a Phillips screwdriver and a good tug is needed to do that). to get the handle all the way off you have to disconnect the cable to the handle. Its held in by a little tab that has a little arm to flip up to get the cable out ( that was the hard one for me to get). Once the cable is out pull the door handle out ( the broken pin will fall down into the door,but get that later. look thrugh the door handle hole, and youll see the box. there is a lttle hole where that pin used to go. Stick your screwdriver in the hole and use it like the door key. Put all those fuses back in too so everything works too. Don't lock your door till you get another pin. they have them on ebay, or google it to find a steal one that wont break again. hope this helps

Old 11-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Drifting

And I just realized this was a month ago and not tonight... oops. maybe it will still help, but I'm guessing it was too late. lol

Quick Reply: Superlock Mode Disco II