Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007 | 10:13 AM
|
4wd Low
Default Suspension issue

Hello to all. I just bought a 00' Disco with 100k on her. She drives great but there are a few quircks with it. Hopefully not a big deal, but I'd like to make sure. My first question that I need help with is with the suspension. After the Disco has been sitting for a few hours the rear drivers side wheel well looks like it's almost touching the tire. Then as soon as I start it and put it in gear it seems normal. Can anyone explain, and is this a big deal?

Thanks,
Kelly

Old 06-05-2007 | 11:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Suspension issue

Most likely you have a ride height sensor or the air bag on that corner that needs replacing. 100K miles is as much as you get out of the original air bags. Any warning lights coming on?

regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com

Old 06-05-2007 | 01:16 PM
jwb
4wd Low

Unfortunately I know this problem all too well. You have a very slow leak somewhere in the bag. When you start up the vehicle the compressor senses that one of the sides is lower then the other, so the compressor comes on and it automatically inflates the bag. When you park the vehicle the air slowly leaks out again. Try standing on the edge of the bumper that has the leak and rock thevehicle up and down, you will hear the air seap out eventually ..... Good luck.

Old 06-05-2007 | 06:17 PM
Administrator

Actually you picked a great time to replace your air bags, they are on sale at, http://www.arnottindustries.com/
Buy 2 and call when you are ready and I'll walk you thru changing them, will take 30 minutes out on your driveway.
Mike

Old 06-06-2007 | 01:20 PM
|
4wd Low

Thanks to all. I'm ordering two rears tomorrow. Mike, can I contact you late next week?

Kelly

Old 06-06-2007 | 03:51 PM
Administrator

Sure
303-862-7680
Colorado

Old 07-09-2009 | 08:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default suspension problem

My daughters car has the same problem but different systems.The truck never goes down on the rear drivers side unless:

truck is off and you open the back door or leave a door open with the truck off.

it dropped with engine on when letting a passenger in the passenger side.

fixed by. turning of truck and lock with remote. wait 5 minutes open the truck with remote key, turn over and shut door. truck comes up in 35 secounds and you can drive all day.

one time dropped while driving then came back up after a minute or two.

Im stumped and i have rebuilt my RR air suspension from head to toe. Is there anyway to disable at the ecu so you can run until i can trouble shoot this enoying problem for my daughter? I think i will just get her springs. I checked the bags and ther are no cracks or real wear.

Thanks Chris

Old 07-09-2009 | 10:02 AM
Administrator

Chris, send me your tele number and I'll walk you thru what to do.

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:34 PM
Three Wheeling

Their site shows them at $141.90 each. Check their Ebay site.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Arnott-I...34Q2ec0Q2em322

They are $269.00 a pair w/free shipping!

Old 07-11-2009 | 05:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default another problem solved by disco mike

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Chris, send me your tele number and I'll walk you thru what to do.

Well, again disco mike helped me solve my daughters air suspension in her 2000 disco II. After talking with mike , I started having my daughter jump on the back of the tailgate step as i squirted soapy water over the problem airbag. Well it seems that a pin hole would start leaking and i gues turned in to a small tear that you could not see unless you put a lot of weight in the back and made it go up and down. It was bubbling like crazy.. I called my local miami rovers indy shop. Got a replacement bag on a saturday and came home and within a hour replaced it and is good to go. Pain to jack frame and suspension to seat bag and get tire of but not a big deal. The hardest part was that it was 2:00 in the afternoon and about 95 degrees outside... i think i lost a pound of water. Time for a few beers... Thanks Mike!

Quick Reply: Suspension issue