Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default suspension question

Right now I have worn out stock springs and struts. Im looking at a set of the terrafirma 2"+ spring and strut kit.

My question is how will these change my ride? It seems like the disco has a tight feel to the suspension already. Will these give it a better quality feel?

Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably not. DiscoMike will recommend OME which will give you a better ride for more money, so it just depends on how much it's worth to you.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Terrafirma makes a great kit but OME makes an exceptional kit. I have the 2" OME on my truck and I love it. The springs are comparable but the shocks make the difference.

Oh addendum do you have SLS?

Old 01-28-2014, 11:16 AM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

Having put 110k miles on my '03 I can remember what the new stock ride was like. For an S model without airbags anyway.

10k on a 2"OME MD springs and Nitrocharger Sport shocks (soft on the rear) the ride is much firmer than stock. It has been softening a bit as the miles add on but it is still stiffer than stock.

That being said it is stiffer in a way that is much better than the rough ride of worn springs and shocks! The difference being you don't cringe when you hit a small bump, you just bounce.

In my opinion I still feel every little ripple in the road but the big stuff is no longer jarring. With the original S model suspension I did not feel every ripple in the road nor did i cringe on the big stuff.

Originally it was firm and smooth. now it is firm and bouncy transmitting every nuance of the road surface, which it did not do as new.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just installed a 2" TF lift kit a few months ago. I was also on worn out springs and shocks. You won't be disappointed in the ride. If you are going to get into some serious off-roading, then you may go with the OME kit. My '99 is my daily driver and it hardly goes off road, so the TerraFirma kit was fine for me. Plus, I was able to sell the price tag of the TF kit to my wife a lot easier. I have no regrets about using the TF kit. I doubt you will either.

I ordered mine from Lucky8 with the best price.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Yes you'll love it. OME is overrated.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is true if all you want is aesthetic appeal and a better ride but aren't going and doing serious off roading then terra firma is more than enough. I do a lot of off roading here in the rockies so the obvious choice was the ome, though I would consider getting TF arms

Old 01-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default stuff

Im not a big off roader and money is tight so I may just try my luck with the TF kit. Anything will better than what I have now. I barely hit a bump and the suspension bottoms out.

Mattmo 78, what did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Ive seen the kit for $600 shipped.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Disco deuce
That is true if all you want is aesthetic appeal and a better ride but aren't going and doing serious off roading then terra firma is more than enough. I do a lot of off roading here in the rockies so the obvious choice was the ome, though I would consider getting TF arms
Plenty of people do serious off-roading with TF equipment. OME is no more "capable"

Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by me 2
Im not a big off roader and money is tight so I may just try my luck with the TF kit. Anything will better than what I have now. I barely hit a bump and the suspension bottoms out.

Mattmo 78, what did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Ive seen the kit for $600 shipped.
I could likely get it to you for $560 shipped. Let me know

Quick Reply: suspension question