Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapped Seats in '99 Disco - Power Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swapped Seats in '99 Disco - Power Not Working

I just swapped out the cloth seats for leather beige seats for my 99 DII. Everything went well, and I was surprised to see the brown connector already in place. I reconnected (what I think) was everything and have the power controls from the parts vehicle, but they do not work! I've read that there may be a connection between the two? What am I missing?

I ended up "hot wiring" the driver's seat to get it into a reasonable location.

Also, is there a market for near perfect cloth seats and the waterproof LR seat covers?

Attached Thumbnails Swapped Seats in '99 Disco - Power Not Working-clothseats.jpg   Swapped Seats in '99 Disco - Power Not Working-leatherseats.jpg   Swapped Seats in '99 Disco - Power Not Working-oldclothseats.jpg  
Old 12-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Depending on the vehicle's specification, you could have one of three different wiring configurations -

1. No heated/powered seat wiring

2. Wiring for manual heated seats (Brown 5-way connector, with Blue/Pink (RH) and Blue/Grey (LH) + Black)

3. Wiring for powered heated seats (Brown 5-way connector, as above, + Brown/Purple (RH) and Brown/Green (LH) + Orange/Purple)

As you've already said that you have the Brown connectors under your seats, I'm guessing that you have wiring option 2. - wiring for manual heated seats.

The additional wiring for powered seats can easily be added into the Brown connectors - there are separate RH (Brown/Purple) and LH (Brown/Green) lives (on 3.0mm˛ cable) from connector C0576 at the engine-compartment fuse box, as well as a BCU controlled earth (Orange/Purple) in each connector.

The BCU controlled earth is for the seat's power relay, which is in the satellite fuse box under each seat.

The BCU controls these relays, so that the seats have power available for a set period after the ignition has been turned off.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PaulMc
Depending on the vehicle's specification, you could have one of three different wiring configurations -

1. No heated/powered seat wiring

2. Wiring for manual heated seats (Brown 5-way connector, with Blue/Pink (RH) and Blue/Grey (LH) + Black)

3. Wiring for powered heated seats (Brown 5-way connector, as above, + Brown/Purple (RH) and Brown/Green (LH) + Orange/Purple)

As you've already said that you have the Brown connectors under your seats, I'm guessing that you have wiring option 2. - wiring for manual heated seats.

The additional wiring for powered seats can easily be added into the Brown connectors - there are separate RH (Brown/Purple) and LH (Brown/Green) lives (on 3.0mm˛ cable) from connector C0576 at the engine-compartment fuse box, as well as a BCU controlled earth (Orange/Purple) in each connector.

The BCU controlled earth is for the seat's power relay, which is in the satellite fuse box under each seat.

The BCU controls these relays, so that the seats have power available for a set period after the ignition has been turned off.

Paul,

This is great info! Exactly what I needed. I agree, it sounds like this vehicle has the heated seat/manual option.

So it sounds like to get this properly working, I'll need to run some wires from the engine compartment. (Less ideal, was hoping to hijack some lives from under the seat.)

I really appreciate the help and will most likely be asking for more when this project continues.

Thanks again.