Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SWEATY. PASSENGER

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007 | 06:58 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default SWEATY. PASSENGER

HELLO GUYS ONCE AGAIN.I HAVE SEARCHED THE FORUM FOR WHAT I SEE IS A COMMON AC PROBLEM.MY AC PASSENGER SIDE IS NOT BLOWING COLD COMPARED TO DRIVERS SIDE.I HAD THE AC OVERHAULED ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO.EVERTHING IS GOOD TO SPECIFICATIONEXCEPT THIS PROBLEM.FANS ARE WORKING WELL.HAS ANYBODY FOUND A SOLUTION?WOULD APRECIATE AS ALWAYS YOUR HELP.THANKS

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:51 PM
Mudding
Default RE: SWEATY. PASSENGER

This only happens if the Freon charge is low , You have a slow system leak. Your repair shop will need to install Dye to find it, the leak is probbly too slow to find with a leak detector.

Old 10-01-2007 | 09:08 PM
|
Three Wheeling

WILL CHECK THAT OUT.THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY.

Old 10-01-2007 | 09:38 PM
Camel Trophy

THere is a blend door that is not closing all of the way for your climate control. Don't think it has to do with freon if the drivers gets cold. If this is a front/ rear problem, freon might be to blame. If it is a driver/ front passenger problem, you have a door inside not actuating properly. Move it back and forth (hot to cold) several times with the blower on high.

Old 10-02-2007 | 07:46 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: dirtyduk

This only happens if the Freon charge is low , You have a slow system leak. Your repair shop will need to install Dye to find it, the leak is probbly too slow to find with a leak detector.
This is totally incorrect, the freon level, when low will effect both sides not just one side, so don't worry about having your freon level checked.

One of your blender doors is not working, and being located in the dash, you may want to have a mechanic, who is familiar with this problem, do the repairs.

Old 10-02-2007 | 08:27 PM
Mudding

Really , let the guy check the ac charge. If I'm not qualified to give proper advise no one is. I"ve only been with Land Rover since 1987.
And it will indead cause AC temp to blow hot on the passenger side. Veary few blend door motors fail in discos and when they do the self diagnostics will show a fault.

Old 10-02-2007 | 08:46 PM
Camel Trophy

ORIGINAL: dirtyduk

Really , let the guy check the ac charge. If I'm not qualified to give proper advise no one is. I"ve only been with Land Rover since 1987.
And it will indead cause AC temp to blow hot on the passenger side. Veary few blend door motors fail in discos and when they do the self diagnostics will show a fault.
How do you run self diagnostics on a D1? Just curious....also, as with mine, with age, the foam around the doors tends to deteriorate and clog the air passages. Happened on mine...... Wasn't trying to dis-credit your knowledge, just my opinion..

Old 10-08-2007 | 07:32 PM
|
Three Wheeling

HELLO GUYS
I CHECKED AC SOME DAYS AGO AND IT CHECKED O.K.BUT TODAY I FELT IT WARMER SOOOOO,THERE IS A GREAT POSIBILITY DIRTY DUK COULD BE RIGHT THERE HAS TO BE A FREON LEAK OF SOME SORT.WILL CHECK TOMORROW AGAIN.I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.THANKS TO EVERYONE.

Old 10-08-2007 | 08:13 PM
Mudding

Just to reply about self diagnostics, only available on DII's / DI's use simple cables that can be adjusted at the blend doors
Both vehicles have simular evaporator locations that cause the freon to cool one side of the evaporator,(when its low)the expansion valve controls the rate or flow of the freon through the evaporator, sort of like a radiator thats hot on one side near the thermostatand cool on the other. Just from my experence and customer complaints I figured it out,advice is cheap. I just returned to my job with an east coast dealer and they get 110.00 + for labor. so the process of elimination can get expensive. I still learn something new every day, and Land Rovers are a special kind of challange that I still like. I dont have any problem at times finding out I'm wrong. All MechanicsHave one thing in common (Hero to Zero in One Nut)
Be Good and Have Fun

Old 10-08-2007 | 08:19 PM
Camel Trophy

ok, that's what I thought on the diagnostics. He has a 98 D1, unless I am mistaken....people don't always post their year & mileage on here....[:@]

I know what you mean about one nut. When I fix my wife's car with a $4 can of throttle body cleaner I am a hero. But her dad taking it to a dealer first and spending $3000 and them not fixing it first still makes me a zero.....

Quick Reply: SWEATY. PASSENGER