Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrafirma Spring Color

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Terrafirma Spring Color

I just got my Terrafirma 2inch lift for a D2. The springs are different colors. The rear is a nice light silver and the fronts are a dark gray. Would I be a princess to expect the front and rear springs to match in color?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jayzoid
I just got my Terrafirma 2inch lift for a D2. The springs are different colors. The rear is a nice light silver and the fronts are a dark gray. Would I be a princess to expect the front and rear springs to match in color?
No, you wouldn't be a princes, as that to me raises a red flag that they might be different load capacity springs. Double check the part numbers make sure you didn't get the wrong ones.

However, assuming they are correct and they are just different in color, you'd be a princess not to install them

That said, I have an OME lift and don't have any experience with TF springs

Old 10-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the colors help differentiate between the front and the rear. Let me go check right quick.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
I think the colors help differentiate between the front and the rear. Let me go check right quick.
What did you see?

Here's my part numbers and color

Rear Coils - TF023V - Silver
Front Coils - TF042 - Dark Gray

Are these the part numbers that everyone has been installing for the Terrafirma D2 kit? The front coils are about 3 inches shorter than the rear coils. Also the the rear coils are flat on each end, where the front coil is flat on one end and the rounded bar is not flat on the other end.

I don't think I'd be as suspect, but the kit arrived in one big box and wasn't packed well. The items were loose in the box and when I opened it, 3 of the shocks had come out of their individual boxes along with the steering damper. There was alot of smashing that had happened as all the shock boxes were crushed. The shocks had a few nics and scrapes, but no dents or anything apparent. The protective blue rubber coil on the steering damper had been completely ripped off and was loose in the box. And one of the coil spring boxes had come open and the springs were trying to get out. Just wasn't pretty. And then on top of that, my coils are different colors. For anyone ordering a kit; I'd request the coils to be shipped in a different box from the shocks or request that they are packed tight.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 AM
TReK

That's lame. Who'd you order the kit from?

Looks like they are the correct parts. This is a direct copy/paste from Lucky 8 :

TF023V - Discovery I, II, RRC, D90 Medium Load Rear Springs
TF042 - Discovery II Medium Load Front Springs

Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

can't speak for the medium kit i have the HD but they were all the same color and yes the height and end differences are correct. as for hte steering damper cover torn off call Justin at Lucky 8 and complain. maybe he will hook u up with a new one or something else to compensate. when i ordered the kit everything was fine so maybe it wasnt how it was shipped but how it was handled that was the problem.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Drifting

Okay. I did not order from Justin at Lucky8. I ordered from Josh at British4x4. I am not speaking badly of their service, just reporting what happened. Sometimes we all make mistakes. I had read thousands of forum posts and was planning on ordering from Justin. I was out and about when I got the urge to order and hit redail on what I thought was Justin. Got confused and couldn't remember his name and ended up ordering from Josh at British4x4. Josh was courteous and helpful. I called on Monday to inform Josh of how it was packed and the condition. He said he would talk with the packer. I told him about the spring color and he said he didn't know the colors. Said he would call me back after he checked. Still waiting on his call. The packing job is unfortunate and careless in my mind. Same with mismatched color. Nothing appears to be damaged and all is in functioning order. So nothing can really be done at this point except move forward with the install. I wish that getting the kit delivered had been a different experience. Again I am not down talking the retail outfit I purchased from. Just giving my experience so in the future others can request solid packing and shipping if they feel fit. I would like to have matching spring colors, but seems a bit overkill to ship back a pair and have another shipped just for color as the part numbers are correct. Thanks for everyones input as I was curious if others were as particular about matching coil colors as I am.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Ok I just checked. The rear springs are silver and the front springs are a light grey color.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Ok I just checked. The rear springs are silver and the front springs are a light grey color.
Great. Thanks for checking. Hope to do the install soon.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM
TReK
Thumbs up

Good luck!

I'd suggest recruiting a helper to make this job go quicker/easier. It's pretty straightforward but it took me 6.5 hours by myself, start to finish (including a lunch break and test drive), and boy was I sore.

---> Watch the videos posted by Lucky8 if you haven't already.

Quick Reply: Terrafirma Spring Color