Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three Amigos and 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three Amigos and 4wd

Well I have read though the forum many different posts about the Amigos. It seems that there are two main causes the SVS fault or a bad ABS sensor. I don't have a scanner that will pull ABS codes. Is there a way to tell what is causing them to stay on? 6 Months ago they were intermittent (maybe more when it was wet or rainy I really don't remember) But they are on Permanent now. Which brings me to the 4wd portion. Everything I have found is saying since the TC is also not working its telling me that the 4wd isn't working correctly? Its a 00 D2 with 178,000

Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
dgh
Overlanding

You've been around here longer than I have, but my guess is you need to get the codes before anyone will commit to advice on the problem. If you don't want to buy a scanner they are available for rent, loan or a case of Bud...Where r u located?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by timelessride
Well I have read though the forum many different posts about the Amigos. It seems that there are two main causes the SVS fault or a bad ABS sensor. I don't have a scanner that will pull ABS codes. Is there a way to tell what is causing them to stay on? 6 Months ago they were intermittent (maybe more when it was wet or rainy I really don't remember) But they are on Permanent now. Which brings me to the 4wd portion. Everything I have found is saying since the TC is also not working its telling me that the 4wd isn't working correctly? Its a 00 D2 with 178,000
If you're in the Phoenix AZ area I'd let you borrow my amigo reader. Let me know.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the amigo fix is so easy i would go ahead and try it if i could not get a scanner. nothing to lose except an hour and $2 for the wire

Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Overlanding

Im in NJ. What scanner do you have that will pull the ABS codes? I thought it had to be a land rover scanner rather than just an OBDII

Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't necessarily need a dealer, or someone with one of their computers. I'd recommend you try to find someone with an ABS Amigo scanner from RSW Solutions, or even buy one yourself.

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.ph...d=56&Itemid=55

Believe me, this won't be the last time you'll need it, and for what a dealer will charge you to read the codes, buying the scanner will prove to be a good investment the second time you use it.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 AM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
You don't necessarily need a dealer, or someone with one of their computers. I'd recommend you try to find someone with an ABS Amigo scanner from RSW Solutions, or even buy one yourself.

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.ph...d=56&Itemid=55

Believe me, this won't be the last time you'll need it, and for what a dealer will charge you to read the codes, buying the scanner will prove to be a good investment the second time you use it.
+1 to this. Not only will you need to pay a dealer to scan the codes but you will also pay them to erase the codes after you fix the issue. Buy or rent an ABS amigo.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

where in Jersey are you? do you own an Ohm multimeter? you can test the sensors using the meter to see if they respond correctly if all 4 do then it could be your shuttle valves. but there are other causes as well. if you plan on holding on to the truck i suggest buying one of your own. you can find them used as well.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by iownme
the amigo fix is so easy i would go ahead and try it if i could not get a scanner. nothing to lose except an hour and $2 for the wire
Not sure what comic book you have been reading but there are about 16 different faults/issues that can throw the 3 amigos, only one of them is a ground wire, so don't go stating something like that to someone who needs actual help.
The proper way is to have the system read for codes and then fix it.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Overlanding

Well scanner is on the way. Ill fill everyone in when I have more details.

Quick Reply: Three Amigos and 4wd