Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default tire prices

OK guys, I was at one of my customers today servicing his partswasher and he was talking to his tire wholesaler. Because the price of crude oil is so high the price of tires manufactured here in the US is going to go up and our beloved government in their infinit wisdom to screw us over is going to raise the tarif on tires imported from other countries so that the American manufatures can still be competative in their pricing.
More money for the government to pay for war and less money for us to pay our bills and feed our families.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tire prices

God Bless America......[sm=usa.gif]But sh*ts getting so bad...I'm starting think of floating away somewhere else.....If anyone knows what I mean.....I like the Island hoping concept.....[sm=smiley16.gif]
I just think this, I be here forever........................................... .....JUST DREAMING......[sm=wakeup.gif]

Old 04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything is going up, not just tires.

However a employee of mine just got a set of tires for $207
out the door 185/65/13 but still not bad.

All the tires I get are made in the U.S. by a foreign company
BFG's and Michelin.

I just put a set of BFG A/T's on and they have only gone up $50 over the last 6 years.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Winching

Weren't they aquired by Michelin...meaning their compound probably changed in the last 6 years, better explaining the price jump?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:29 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Some people dont understand how lucky we are.
Look at gas prices here, then look at them anywhere else.
Japanese tire prices just shot through the roof, and we are not even close to them.
When a country is at war things like this will happen, but we have to been strong and just get through it.
9/11 changed the world forever, and there is no turning back. We might as well get used to it because no government is ever going to be able to get it back to normal. No matter how much "change" they promise.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: creepin

God Bless America......[sm=usa.gif]But sh*ts getting so bad...I'm starting think of floating away somewhere else.....If anyone knows what I mean.....I like the Island hoping concept.....[sm=smiley16.gif]
I just think this, I be here forever........................................... .....JUST DREAMING......[sm=wakeup.gif]
I want to see the mods on a rover capable of that!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
TReK

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Weren't they aquired by Michelin...meaning their compound probably changed in the last 6 years, better explaining the price jump?
Yes BFG is owned by Michelin you know the Franch tyer peoples.

But they have Great Tires, Michelins for the car and BFG's for the Disco.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: salve7

ORIGINAL: creepin

I want to see the mods on a rover capable of that!!!
[sm=happybounce.gif]...................................[sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I had a book mark to a web site that had islands for sale. You could buy a island in the Carriebean for under 250k, not to bad for what you get. But I deleted it by accident and now I cant find the site.
You want to see a Disco in water, you need to watch my youtube video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_tQ2Tp3u_f8

Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Camdisco24

Some people dont understand how lucky we are.
Look at gas prices here, then look at them anywhere else.
Japanese tire prices just shot through the roof, and we are not even close to them.
When a country is at war things like this will happen, but we have to been strong and just get through it.
9/11 changed the world forever, and there is no turning back. We might as well get used to it because no government is ever going to be able to get it back to normal. No matter how much "change" they promise.

I understand that we are lucky......I Love my country........But I guess its just my area I live in,Everybody is wound up tighter than a eight day clock...Work,work,work,work,rush,rush,rush,rush... .People are worse than little kids....but unsaid,Look what I have,But at the end of the day its like the saying "Keepin up with the Jones"...Case in point the houseing bulls**t....Bigger,Bigger.....Its the mentality...People need to stop and smell the flowers...And enjoy and apprecate what they have....I'm in the construction ind.and see it,Its a ratrace....Life is to short.....Just my .02cts

On a side note...You talk about fuel other places may be more per gal....But they fuel miles per gal is a lot better than ours(not saying rover just in general)Hell theres very few manufactures that even offered diesels in the US....Can you buy a Disco TDI in the US No...Can you buy a BMW Diesel..No.How about a 4 banger high end car...Dont need to be first on race day just want safety and comfort.....Not happin here.....Think about that one.....Just makes me wonder sometimes.....

Quick Reply: tire prices