Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:06 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: tire prices

ORIGINAL: creepin
On a side note...You talk about fuel other places may be more per gal....But they fuel miles per gal is a lot better than ours(not saying rover just in general)Hell theres very few manufactures that even offered diesels in the US....Can you buy a Disco TDI in the US No...Can you buy a BMW Diesel..No.How about a 4 banger high end car...Dont need to be first on race day just want safety and comfort.....Not happin here.....Think about that one.....Just makes me wonder sometimes.....
I agree I would do anything for a diesel rover in the States!
Our auto industry needs to move on from this hybrid thing, its to flawed and not befiting customers enough.
What we need to do is think of a clean deisal and use that, I think it would be muuuch better.
Or a hydro-engine. But thats waaay down the road.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have clean diesel now and 2009 maybe the year of the diesel if the diesel prices come down.

Land Rover should bring a Disco 3 in with a 2.7L V6 diesel.(2010).
Ford is looking at a F-150 with a 4.4L V8 diesel.(2009)
Mercedes will bring in more models with their CDI diesel(2009).
VW has 50 state ready Diesel .

If the price of diesel stays high we may not see the diesels.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Really? I wanst aware that the U.S. meet the clean diesel standards and blah blah, but i'll take your word for it. I think the government should lower diesel prices and fun a development program for mroe diesels, just as they did for hybrids. I feel that there is going to be a new generation of cars coming and they wont be hybrids... We will have to wait and see, i think it will be quite interesting to watch.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

America-bigger is better.
The rest of the world-do more with less.
Why do soccer moms need the Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with the Cummin's Turbo Diesel? Be cause it helps her self esteem. Makes me sick, I have a utility trailer, if I need to haul something bigger than what will fit in my Rover, I use the trailer, just as good as a pick-up only better MPG and cheaper on insurance.
Everybody says that Rovers are underpowered, does everything I need it to. I can pass on a two-lane, merge with traffic on the expressway, and beat a city bus from a red light.
I dont need to go 90 mph on the expressway.
I just need a smooth, comfortable, saferide for my family and I, 18 mpg on the highway, beable to go ANYWHEREI want and to get me from point "A" to point "B" and back again, and my Disco does all of that and more.
Gas is to expsensive, we are getting raped by the oil companies and they are in bed with the government so nothing will change.
I love my country but man do I hate my government.
America, land of the free as long as you can afford it. (I should'nt have said that, now they are going to read my e-mails and tap my phone line and cease my bank account, oh wait, my bank account is empty because I just bought a tank of gas, for my Camry)

Old 04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spike555

I had a book mark to a web site that had islands for sale. You could buy a island in the Carriebean for under 250k, not to bad for what you get. But I deleted it by accident and now I cant find the site.
You want to see a Disco in water, you need to watch my youtube video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_tQ2Tp3u_f8
http://www.escapeartist.com

Dave

Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Camdisco24

Really? I wanst aware that the U.S. meet the clean diesel standards and blah blah, but i'll take your word for it. I think the government should lower diesel prices and fun a development program for mroe diesels, just as they did for hybrids. I feel that there is going to be a new generation of cars coming and they wont be hybrids... We will have to wait and see, i think it will be quite interesting to watch.
I have 2003VW diesel that I got new to travel long distances at the time Mercedes did not have a diesel.
There where no performance diesels because of no ULSD.
So I had to get all my go faster parts from Gremany.
If you want to see a Bad [sm=smiley35.gif]VW diesel look at Touareg TDI V10 5.0L with 350hp and 600 fbtq.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, we have no diesel Discoverieseither in Canada, and gas up here is now the equivalent of $5.20 USa gallon for premium. Appartently it will go up to $6.00 U.Sa gallon by july !!!!!

So if anyone wanna shoot me the ' if you wanted better m.p.g you should have gotten a Civic' crap, you can eat my shorts[8D]

What kills me, is that thisoil rape is one of the reasons for the recession that is hitting the U.S and threatens to reach us up here. The price of everything has gone up because of oil prices, and it will get worse.

I'm starting to wonder if the Irak invasion wasn't about the fact that Saddam didn't want to take part in the oil rape ?? and by taking that country over, Bush could assure that that oil wasn't gonna sell cheap, thus keeping the prices down. This whole line of thought could very well be absurd, but if they were able to make you guys believe that 9/11 was really an attack from terrorist and that they had absolutely nothing to do with this....... I don't know[&:]

Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Landzu

We have clean diesel now and 2009 maybe the year of the diesel if the diesel prices come down.

Land Rover should bring a Disco 3 in with a 2.7L V6 diesel.(2010).
Ford is looking at a F-150 with a 4.4L V8 diesel.(2009)
Mercedes will bring in more models with their CDI diesel(2009).
VW has 50 state ready Diesel .

If the price of diesel stays high we may not see the diesels.
LR Disco 3.....In 2yrs sounds good now but when 2010 comes around .....They will say 2015....This happened with Hummer..

F-150 I had hear no....I called asking about it,,They also said the were going to put diesel in the expeditions....and now no...

MB....Yes they have them, ck out the tic on them for the diff in price diesel vs.gas I can use the diff in the up charge in gas for a few years dosent pay....

And VW the only ones that have had diesel in the us for year......But they have rasied the price of a tdi so much its almost not worth it unless your a on the road sales men/women.....

I'm sure theres no up charge for diesels over seas,just the us.....

They make it seem so hard to have diesels in vech in the usbut other countries have had just about every model we do but in diesels for years.....and it aint hard to make the emissions work for US standards...

Diesel high think about why its high ....hummmm......Because they want us to still depend on gas....It works for them.....

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Spike555

America-bigger is better.
The rest of the world-do more with less.
Why do soccer moms need the Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with the Cummin's Turbo Diesel? Be cause it helps her self esteem. Makes me sick, I have a utility trailer, if I need to haul something bigger than what will fit in my Rover, I use the trailer, just as good as a pick-up only better MPG and cheaper on insurance.
Everybody says that Rovers are underpowered, does everything I need it to. I can pass on a two-lane, merge with traffic on the expressway, and beat a city bus from a red light.
I dont need to go 90 mph on the expressway.
I just need a smooth, comfortable, saferide for my family and I, 18 mpg on the highway, beable to go ANYWHEREI want and to get me from point "A" to point "B" and back again, and my Disco does all of that and more.
Gas is to expsensive, we are getting raped by the oil companies and they are in bed with the government so nothing will change.
I love my country but man do I hate my government.
America, land of the free as long as you can afford it. (I should'nt have said that, now they are going to read my e-mails and tap my phone line and cease my bank account, oh wait, my bank account is empty because I just bought a tank of gas, for my Camry)

I hear ya.............Just like I bought a new Cadillac STS4 for my wife last year,Just about every one said"All does that have the big V8 those are bad a**" I say what the helldo I/she need that for the max speed limit is 65-70.Its got a nice size 6 init allwheel drive greathandling,Still alot of get up and go,highway 24/25 mpg,around town 18/20 mpg.big car lots of room.and alot cheaper than the big V8 that has no use to us....

If soccer moms are going to buy suburbans,escalades and so on,their going to keep making them gas....stop buying because of fuel next thing ya know.......wowthey put a diesel in them....

I amwright on trak with ya...was going to buy a truck for some work I have started....thought about it...I can buy a nice trailer the rover will pull.and dont need a new payment and smoething worse on fuel than whatI have.....I dont need the bigger the better...Unless we start talkin about boating then thats a wholediff story

Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

If you want to talk about diesels, start a new thread, this one isn't the place.

Quick Reply: tire prices