Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tornado is leaving us...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tornado is leaving us...

Correction: Tornado was leaving us!

Last edited by Disco_Fever; 04-29-2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1143926301.html

Anyone want to pick up where he left off?
What in the hell are you talking about Bryce?

That's not my ad! I don't know where in the hell that came from.

I'm in this for the long haul! I...

Yeah, I lost my mind for a minute.

But I'm back on track.

The siren song of a 1991 Saab 900 Turbo with a 5-speed nearly caused me to so something stupid. But it's gone now.

I've caught wind of a wiring harness for $150. I'll probably start pulling the IM tomorrow morning. God I'm not looking forward to that.

But no worries, no fears....

This tornado ain't dead just yet

Old 04-29-2009, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im the one stalking you

LOL,

Tornado, its Lee the guy that was emailing and texted you tonight about the rover in columbus. I have read through all your posts on here and figured out it was the same guy selling the truck in cbus.

You said the rover was gone, a friend needed a parts truck, but i knew you still had the itch to fix it, and pulled the post.

I got a 95 classic right now and had a 04 disco before that, I know how addicting they are. DISCOMIKE has helped me as well, its a crazy life dealing with them. Im a grad student at bg now, but live at osu for years, so we could have been neighbors!

SERIOUSLY, if you get fed up by the end of the week let me know, I am looking at two others besides yours and really wanted your due to the fact it was a 20 dollar bus ticket away, lol

Hit me up either way, Id like to know the progress youre making even if you arent selling it, youve got me beat in innovative ways to make love to the rover god.....

Lee

419 579 6885

Old 04-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by kman3786osu
LOL,

Tornado, its Lee the guy that was emailing and texted you tonight about the rover in columbus. I have read through all your posts on here and figured out it was the same guy selling the truck in cbus.

You said the rover was gone, a friend needed a parts truck, but i knew you still had the itch to fix it, and pulled the post.

I got a 95 classic right now and had a 04 disco before that, I know how addicting they are. DISCOMIKE has helped me as well, its a crazy life dealing with them. Im a grad student at bg now, but live at osu for years, so we could have been neighbors!

SERIOUSLY, if you get fed up by the end of the week let me know, I am looking at two others besides yours and really wanted your due to the fact it was a 20 dollar bus ticket away, lol

Hit me up either way, Id like to know the progress youre making even if you arent selling it, youve got me beat in innovative ways to make love to the rover god.....

Lee

419 579 6885
Holy Christ, talk about being called out.

Lee, I'm sorry I lied to you about selling the truck. I know it was a bastard thing to do, but I felt worse about changing my mind than lying. Now I feel worse about lying.

I feel like a real jackass.

The truth was said in the CL listing: I miss having a 5-speed. If someone would have handed me cash at 10 o'clock in the morning, I'd be driving a 1991 Saab 900 Turbo to work in the morning. But my girlfriend looked really disappointed when I told her I wanted to sell it, I owe Bryce (Disco Fever), Phil (Spike555), and Andy (Andy) a couple of beers, and I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vb5KO7BxLQ

I decided to stick with fixing it.

Lee, I owe you a couple of beers as well. I was dishonest with you about selling my Disco, and I'm sorry. If I change my mind again, I swear to GOD you will be the first person I tell. I swear.

BTW you didn't already buy that bus ticket did you? I'll even pay you back that $20 if you did.

Aaron

Last edited by tornado_735; 04-29-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: added the amount of and people I owed beers to
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle

And honestly Lee, I am shocked you are being so cool about it.

If I feel this bad about something this, I can't even begin to imagine how I'd feel if, say...I got caught stealing candy from a baby, or robbing an old person, or sleeping with my friends wife...

I feel terrible, and I really am sorry. Really.

What beer DO you drink? And if you don't drink beer, then tell me your beverage of choice, and I owe it to you...as long as it's not that $1,000 cup of coffee that comes from beans that have to be eaten and then crapped out by some wild animal. You're on your own with that one.

I really do apologize though,

Aaron

Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha dont sweat it, i was literally reading along the posts and was like, holy **** thats the same pic, so then i was like omg this is the kids car im tring to buy, then saw aaron at the end of a post and was like ITS HIM!

but yea so i checked my email, and i was like yep he decided to give it another go around......been there done that bud, no i didnt buy the bus ticket yet but found another one that im interested in as much, or more, but its a 99. the listing says it has an engine problem, wont start, and too nice to junk.......so im guessing its a bad head gasket but i guess ill find out when i call.....hoping its not so i could find something repairable, i love working on these trucks. Pretty much anything with them is so straight forward, except i have neither the tools or the equipment needed to dive into a head job.....

Im stuck in college life, so its been natty the whole time, but RED STRIPE is where its at, lol

we can stick in touch as i will have the same truck as you anyways, we can swap ideas when things run amuck!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn... didn't mean to stir anything up! LOL

BUT, this does just go to show how cool the Rover community is and how supportive we can be of one-another. You think this kind of camaraderie exists among Jeep owners? Hardly!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is full of awesome

Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Heep drivers are always out to outdo each other. Rover people prefer to help each other.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ha ha ha. See what happens when you try to sneak out?

Quick Reply: Tornado is leaving us...