Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   traction control issue, solving 3 amigos (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/traction-control-issue-solving-3-amigos-87375/)

escott16 12-16-2017 11:33 PM

traction control issue, solving 3 amigos

im going through the process of fixing the 3 amigo's, i had did the shuttle valve bypass i found on the forum which worked great and got rid of my code for that but i have the code 4012 (pump faulure 1 high level at x2 pin 8 without pump acuation) which i couldnt find anywhere (on hawkeye btw). theres a million threads on this but i cant find my exact issue. i was able to clear the codes and i have zero codes that pop up but, i have only the abs light. this is causing the traction control to kick on at all times, when i drive 2 mph it kicks on. any sudgestions? i have a video of this happening if it would help

OffroadFrance 12-17-2017 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by escott16 (Post 629408)
im going through the process of fixing the 3 amigo's, i had did the shuttle valve bypass i found on the forum which worked great and got rid of my code for that but i have the code 4012 (pump faulure 1 high level at x2 pin 8 without pump acuation) which i couldnt find anywhere (on hawkeye btw). theres a million threads on this but i cant find my exact issue. i was able to clear the codes and i have zero codes that pop up but, i have only the abs light. this is causing the traction control to kick on at all times, when i drive 2 mph it kicks on. any sudgestions? i have a video of this happening if it would help

OK, there are a few scenarios where ABS appears on it's own, when the ABS modulator seals are leaking brake fluid, when the brake fluid cap isn't registering correctly, when the wheel sensors have defective wiring or ABS heads or when the master cylinder is bypassing brake fluid which is often into the brake booster cylinder.

The quickest way to eliminate is using a Nanocom, Haweye, Linx etc in conjunction with RAVE either the owners manual or workshop manual (download RAVE from this forum)

The fault I have found is often either a defective wheel sensor, sensor plug or socket or broken sensor wire.

escott16 12-18-2017 10:49 AM

Anyone else have an idea?

Bal D Correa 04-13-2021 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by escott16 (Post 629408)

Hello, I am having the exact same issue happening to me. I know it's been a while that you posted this, but by any chance did you figure what was the problem?

escott16 04-14-2021 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bal D Correa (Post 769851)
Hello, I am having the exact same issue happening to me. I know it's been a while that you posted this, but by any chance did you figure what was the problem?

for me the 4012 pump code I had was solved by cleaning the abs modulator plug and reseating firmly I guess it was loose. The issue with it kicking on abs when moving was with the rear sensors both were bad (stretched from suspension travel on lifted truck) this causes no wheel speed thus kicking on abs not sure why it didn’t just turn off maybe they were broken jsur enough to cause that but not all 3 amigos. I rewired them and gave them more slack and it’s all good now