Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traction control issue, solving 3 amigos

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 11:33 PM
Winching
Received 131 Likes on 77 Posts
Default traction control issue, solving 3 amigos

im going through the process of fixing the 3 amigo's, i had did the shuttle valve bypass i found on the forum which worked great and got rid of my code for that but i have the code 4012 (pump faulure 1 high level at x2 pin 8 without pump acuation) which i couldnt find anywhere (on hawkeye btw). theres a million threads on this but i cant find my exact issue. i was able to clear the codes and i have zero codes that pop up but, i have only the abs light. this is causing the traction control to kick on at all times, when i drive 2 mph it kicks on. any sudgestions? i have a video of this happening if it would help

Old 12-17-2017, 03:38 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by escott16
im going through the process of fixing the 3 amigo's, i had did the shuttle valve bypass i found on the forum which worked great and got rid of my code for that but i have the code 4012 (pump faulure 1 high level at x2 pin 8 without pump acuation) which i couldnt find anywhere (on hawkeye btw). theres a million threads on this but i cant find my exact issue. i was able to clear the codes and i have zero codes that pop up but, i have only the abs light. this is causing the traction control to kick on at all times, when i drive 2 mph it kicks on. any sudgestions? i have a video of this happening if it would help
OK, there are a few scenarios where ABS appears on it's own, when the ABS modulator seals are leaking brake fluid, when the brake fluid cap isn't registering correctly, when the wheel sensors have defective wiring or ABS heads or when the master cylinder is bypassing brake fluid which is often into the brake booster cylinder.

The quickest way to eliminate is using a Nanocom, Haweye, Linx etc in conjunction with RAVE either the owners manual or workshop manual (download RAVE from this forum)

The fault I have found is often either a defective wheel sensor, sensor plug or socket or broken sensor wire.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Winching

Anyone else have an idea?

Old 04-13-2021, 11:09 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by escott16
Hello, I am having the exact same issue happening to me. I know it's been a while that you posted this, but by any chance did you figure what was the problem?

Old 04-14-2021, 09:03 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Bal D Correa
Hello, I am having the exact same issue happening to me. I know it's been a while that you posted this, but by any chance did you figure what was the problem?
for me the 4012 pump code I had was solved by cleaning the abs modulator plug and reseating firmly I guess it was loose. The issue with it kicking on abs when moving was with the rear sensors both were bad (stretched from suspension travel on lifted truck) this causes no wheel speed thus kicking on abs not sure why it didn’t just turn off maybe they were broken jsur enough to cause that but not all 3 amigos. I rewired them and gave them more slack and it’s all good now