Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trip invite! seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default trip invite! seattle area

EVENT: 4x4 wheeling trips to some army property south of Lacey WA.
TIME/DATE: meet at my place in Lacey at noon-ish Sat 17 Jan
WHERE: Lacey WA 5 minutes (south of ft lewis on I-5)
PRICE: free - just the price of fuel and beer

Half the people going are military so there is no problem with access to the land.
The event will include some water obstacles, several good mud holes, a couple of moderate to hard hill climbs and LOTS of trails. There are already 6 or 7 built jeeps on the roster as well as 2 big pickup trucks. im the only rover going and i would like a couple more land rovers to join me in humiliating the jeeps in the group.
everyone is invited as long as they have no problem with getting their truck muddy.

RSVP at number above or if you need directions.
several people already signed up have winches and all the necessary recovery items we could every need.

yes discomike i know this would be more appropriate for the "trips" forum but who every reads those.....

Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trip invite! seattle area

I live is Bremerton and I hope to be getting a Discovery soon. If you do this again next year I am there.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I would love to go. Sounds like it would be worth the drive from Colorado to participate. (I also know a couple ladies in Seattle I could visit.) Too bad I am back at work for the next couple weeks. If you do it again when I'm off I'll be there.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Winching

i will admit that this trip is a spur of the moment thing but if it gets as big as i suspect it is gonna then i may hafta actually organize a REAL trip. there is plenty of trails around here - this is the perfect excuse to explore the local off road scene in the interest of "scouting"... hehe

anyways, i will admit that with this guest list it is sure that before the day is over there will be plenty of empty beer cans to shoot at (most everybody on the trip list is a gun guy or gal - why is it that so many jeep/rover owners are also gun owners?) the problem is gonna be getting everybody to do the drinking seperate from the shooting. oh well . we got a couple of army medics going along to patch up any holes we may make.

if you are one of the guys who will do stupider things in your rover just because you have a recovery vehicle standing by wait til you see what you will do when you have a recovery vehicle and a trio of medics standing by to patch you up...

anyway, all are welcome - text call ro email me if you need more info

brian jaynes 360-481-3563
pilsner22oz@yahoo.com

Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 PM
TReK

My friends and I always made a rule to do the shooting before we start drinking. Once the beer comes out the guns and keys get put away. Not an easy task with a big group. Now that I know shooting will be involved I really want to join in. I have an AR-15 that I haven't shot nearly enough.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Winching

we have an informal rule that the guys drive to the location and do the rovering and the girls/wives get us home. wow! did that ever sound sexist. oops. anyway that is getting harder as my wife wants to drive the rover off road too.

AR-15 huh? come out some time and let these army guys show you how to shoot it. hehe.
(i figure if i issue a personal challenge you will be honor bound to attend if only to uphold your good name...)
the vast majority of us are military or prior military so firearm safety is so deeply ingrained that i rarely worry about it, and if not that is why we have 3 combat medics there with aid bags. now if your medic is too drunk to do medical stuff well.......

Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
TReK

I'm prior air force so I'm sure I need some instruction in how to actually shoot. In an aircraft maintenance squadron we only qualified once every 2 years, if the weather was good and someone wanted to that day.

I've done more shooting as a civilian than I ever did in the military. I'll bring along my 300 win mag also so you guys can know what it real recoil feels like.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Winching

recoil huh? dont make me sign a barrett .50 out of the arms room...

Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Rock Crawling

everyone is invited as long as they have no problem with getting their truck muddy.
HaHa, By law this means Hummers are not allowed!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Rock Crawling

Hey Pilsner have you ever offroaded atstradleline orv park in thurston county? I have ridden dirt bikes out there. It can get really muddy out there and alot of hillclimbs. I would be up for the trip on the 17th. if I had a second vehical in case I break the Rover.

Willie

Quick Reply: trip invite! seattle area