Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble Codes

Hey all, I just returned from Iraq and while I was gone, my wife said the truck was acting goofy. She took it to the shop and they threw parts at it till it ran better, but it still isn't right. I went today and had the codes read, but I am at a loss as to what is causing some of these. Especially with the work that was just done. I know what some of the codes are, but some get me. Here is a list of what I have and what they seem to mean. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The codes have been cleared since the shop, and these are what returned.

P1590- ??
P0135- O2 Heater circuit malfunction/ Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0155- O2 Heater circuit malfunction/ Bank 2 Sensor 1
P1300- ??
P0301- Misfire #1
P0303- Misfire #3
P0305- Misfire #5
P0307- Misfire #7
P0300- Misfire multiple cylinders
P0174- O2 to lean fault bank B
P1174-??
I also have the three amigos. YAY!!

The shop performed plugs and wires, 2 O2 sensors, some vacuum leaks, and replaced the gasket on the throttle body heater. It cost me 1200 bucks and it still isn't right, but I am not going to argue with them and will just fix it myself, almost half of the cost was labor. I have worked on this truck since I have had it and it has never taken me that long to replace those parts. Thanks all.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Trouble Codes

Find out what kind of plugs and wires.

Also what 2 O2 sensors were put in.

Sounds like you are mis-firing and the O2 heaters aren't working.(wrong kind of sensors)

www.iequus.com is a good place to read codes.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

A good tune up with Magnecor wires and good plugs will fix your codes.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Three Wheeling

I checked the report from the shop and talked tomy wife and they put in Bosch Platinum plugs and standard 7mm wires. Looking under the truck, both O2 sensors were replaced on the driver side, but nothing on the passenger. I know that if the O2's put in are malfunctioning, then they are under warranty. I am going to order a set of O2's for the passenger side and get those replaced. I will check into another set of wires.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Three Wheeling

Where's a good place to order the Magnecor wires from? I am also looking for the rest of the parts. I found the O2 sensors on Atlantic British for a decent price. I will probably put those on order today. I want to get my baby running food again. The wife wants to make a trip up to Vegas.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Camel Trophy

I got mine at www.apexperformance.net . You can get some at lrrforums.com in the store (or call Tony if you want them fast).

I would swap out the plugs and put in the +4 plugs. I had 7MM Bosch wires and the regular platinum plugs and my truck ran like crap. That was before finding this place and even knowing about Magnacors.

Get the O2's in, change your plugs and wires - see if the shop can order them and give you some kind of credit. FYI, I just got the +4's last month and paid just under $50 for the set.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Three Wheeling

I appreciate the help. I just can't believe how much I had to pay for labor. I hear everyone talk about Magnecor wires for our trucks, but is there anything wrong with MSD wires with the +4's. Judging by my codes, does it look like this along with the O2 sensors will fix the codes? Thanks

Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Camel Trophy

MSd should be fine, as long as they are 8MM. The engine bay retains so much heat with the aluminum engine, it melts the insulation on the wires. 8MM offers better protection. Magnacors are recommended because they have a lifetime warranty and have stood the test of time. I have always heard people recommend the +4's but decided to go back to stock Champions after the regularplatinum mishap. The +4's are like night and day. You can feel the difference.

The O2's should be replaced in fours. Your codes are for the front ones on both sides. Replace the other bank so they are all new. YOu should get an MPG boost, if everything lines out right.

The misfires and rough run could be causing everything else. Start with plugs and wires, but your O2's need to be changed. Oh, and if you are planning to be on the highway for a good bit, throw a can of BG44K in the tank before heading out.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

You should go get the codes cleared and wait till whatever new ones show up.
You may be working towards a MAF per your 1174 code, but I would wait and see what else shows up.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks guys, I have already cleared the codes once, and this it what came back. My wife is not happy with the fact that I am wanting to change the wires again. I was charged 65 bucks just for the wires that are on there and I have no idea what brand they are. That is more than the MSD's at Checkers. Hopefully replacing this stuff will solve the problem. Where isa good place to get a MAF?

Quick Reply: Trouble Codes