Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Help - Yes, I've searched

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011 | 04:35 AM
|
Rock Crawling
Default Turn Signal Help - Yes, I've searched

Guys/Gals,

I need a bit of help on my DII. I'll keep this short & to the point where possible.

The scenario: After needing to replace drivers side rear bumper light, which was destroyed by PO, I have had trouble locating the bulb holder. Lens is new. Being the person that I am, I took out the old, cracked bulb holder, got out the wiring supplies, and made a homemade pigtail and hard-wired it in. The passenger side worked at this point, for the record.

Tested out great.

Now, when i plugged my homemade rig into the stock clip, I'm 99% sure some of my insulation (liquid electrical tape) had come loose, and the power & ground wires were touching. So, upon firing up the turn signals, something short-circuited, and now Lucille is angry.....

Now, nothing to do with turn signals works. I get one blink of either on the dash, but NO external indication. All fuses associated with them are OK, so I'm thinking I fried out the relay?

Are these relays on the BCU? Any ideas from anyone on part #'s? I've looked through RAVE, but can't find a whole lot of specifics on the BCU/electrical to help.

I currently have no turn signals or hazard flashers. Everything else works flawlessly.

Many thanks in advance to those who can help.

Then I can tackle the waterfall problem on the passenger side footwell. (It's an SD with no sunroofs, so it should be interesting......)

- dc

Old 11-18-2011 | 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Here you go. BCU controls the IDM in fuse box, which drives lights and other things.

Is waterfall a leak on the carpet? If so - under tranny tunnel there are nipple(s) for the AC condensate drain, clean out with wire or piece of weed whacker line.

If waterfall is a sound - could be air in cooling system that needs to be purged - OR combsution gas in coolant (head gaskets).

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 turns.pdf (988.5 KB, 132 views)
Old 11-18-2011 | 04:55 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Savannah,

Thanks for the diagram - very helpful.

Waterfall is a leak onto the carpet when its raining. I had my landy parked at work overnight during a storm - ran out of room in my shop for indoor parking w/2 duallys - and next day it was wet.

I can feel the foam of the black "kickplate" under the glove box is soaked.

This is the only time it's happened - A/C does not make it do that.

So I'll be sleuthing it this weekend I guess, after those relays get replaced, which I hope will fix the issue.

Thanks again

- dc