Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update RIMS and Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:39 AM
|
Mudding
Default Update RIMS and Tires?

Hey guys, i came across a man selling some rims and tires off of a 2003 land rover. I own a 2000 discovery series II and was wondering if they would fit? I am looking to get new tires pretty soon, and if this guy is throwing them in then i think it's a heck of a deal for 5 rims and tires for 400 dollars. Any advice? and is the pricing right?

Thank you guys! dont know where i'd be with out you!

Here is the picture of the rim/tire

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Update RIMS and Tires?

price is about right especially since you get the lugs and center caps. itll fit your 2003 disco. a lot of DIIs came with those rims as standard.

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:13 AM
Rock Crawling

yeh they should fit any series II disco, dont take my word for it though, id still check for other peoples responses

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:33 AM
Mudding

I might have a better option. I'm looking for 16" wheels. If you have 16" wheels (which it sounds like you do) I'll trade you for nothing. I have the exact same 18" wheels in that picture. Mine are from my '02 and are in great shape. The tires I have are obviously used, but still have several thousands of miles on them. My spare is new.

Want to trade?

Or, if you chose to buy this guy's wheels, I'll make an offer on yours. Shoot me an email: cnvivefrance@hotmail.com

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:50 AM
Administrator

If you, Kumbhani123, are going to do any off road driving you really don't want those 18" tires and wheels. What do you currently have on your truck?
If you have 16" wheels now, you would be better off spending $ 400 or so on a good set of 16" tires, which will last longer and usually ride better both on and off the road.
Mike

Old 05-03-2007 | 09:53 PM
|
Mudding

The tires/rims seen in the picture below is what i have on right now. The current tires are pretty bad in terms of catching debree. I am constantly (2 times a month) going to the tire shop to remove peices of metal that has penetrated through the tire, is this common? Oh, and does anyone know the size of the rims in the picture shown above? thank you all for your replys.
I beleive these are 16'?

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:09 PM
Administrator

Doesn't answer my question, what size tires do you now have and what are you planning to do with the truck. As for flats, 90,000 miles on my truck with no flats on the road, lost a few more then I would like to remember off roading though.
Mike

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Tires and rims in the picture are 18 inches. If you are really tired of having to go to the tire shop to get stuff out of the tires, you should keep your 16 inch wheels and get tires with more aggressive design.Going to a lower profile tire would not address that at all. In fact, it would probably make it worse.

Old 05-03-2007 | 11:35 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: kumbhani123

The tires/rims seen in the picture below is what i have on right now. The current tires are pretty bad in terms of catching debree. I am constantly (2 times a month) going to the tire shop to remove peices of metal that has penetrated through the tire, is this common? Oh, and does anyone know the size of the rims in the picture shown above? thank you all for your replys.
I beleive these are 16'?
Yes. Those are 16" wheels. EXACTLY what I really want. I have the 18" Hurricane wheels in that first photo you posted. The ones with the little slits between the spokes. The 18" Hurricanes I have are in nice shape. I have 5 newish tires I would include in a swap if you were so inclined. I don't need any tires. I'm in Arizona. Let me know if you would entertain a trade.

shoot me an email. cnvivefrance@hotmail.com

The only bummer....my rover is my daily driver. I'd need wheels first. That might be a deal killer.

Old 05-04-2007 | 12:27 AM
|
Mudding

The tires are 255 65R16, and the car is used for local/highway uses, not offroading.

Quick Reply: Update RIMS and Tires?