Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WABCO ABS Shuttle Valve Seals and Clips

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default WABCO ABS Shuttle Valve Seals and Clips

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can buy the WABCO ABS Shuttle Valve Seals and Clips for a D2 mudulator. I know Falconworks sell them but they haven't replied to my e-mail so assume they don't send to France. I haven't necessarily got a problem with them but as I am doing the shuttle valve electrical mod and bleeding the braking system I thought it worthwhile to replace these also.

Shuttle valve seal kit, Discovery 2, ABS : Shop Falconworks Online

Many thanks

Old 06-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

They are the only ones I know of selling them. When you get them you will be like really? Those little seals cost me that much?

Old 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If they will not work with u to France let me know. I ship international on ebay for some items and would be willing to get them in US and then send to you. I replaced mine about 2 yrs ago.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 06-18-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
If they will not work with u to France let me know. I ship international on ebay for some items andcwould be willing to get them in US and then send to u. I replced mine about 2 yrs ago.
Tony, I am extremely grateful for your kind offer and may well take you up on that. Of course I will reimburse any costs for parts or expenses that you may incur up front.

It appears when one moves to France they appear to become 'persona non grata' in the eyes of some online companies but why I can't imagine. I believe it's to do with the French Douanes (customs) as many parcels disappear when entering the French domain. It makes one wonder sometimes.

Again, many thanks for your kind offer.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You are correct! When reading up on international shipping on the Ebay forums a few years back, Italy and France we places not recommended to ship to due to packages never getting there and the hassle with dealing with that. There were other countries noted as not to ship to as well, but most others were in Africa, Southeast Asia or the Middle East.

I have shipped to France with no issues. I sell plastic US military water cans on Ebay, and my seller name is vt_hokie101. Just for your piece of mind, you can check my feedback or if you care to throw a water can in with your clips & seals we can work that out as well

Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Tony, I am extremely grateful for your kind offer and may well take you up on that. Of course I will reimburse any costs for parts or expenses that you may incur up front.

It appears when one moves to France they appear to become 'persona non grata' in the eyes of some online companies but why I can't imagine. I believe it's to do with the French Douanes (customs) as many parcels disappear when entering the French domain. It makes one wonder sometimes.

Again, many thanks for your kind offer.
It's summer. Time for the annual general strike in France. All the ports will be blockaded, air traffic controllers will be on strike, and so on. Who wants to risk getting their shipment mixed up in that?

Old 06-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by MarkSF
It's summer. Time for the annual general strike in France. All the ports will be blockaded, air traffic controllers will be on strike, and so on. Who wants to risk getting their shipment mixed up in that?
Hi MarkSF, that's a monthly event not anual or anytime when they're asked to do some work

Ask the bosses of Goodyear for their opinions - sums it up really

Now the rules have changed about residency and pensions I would seriously consider moving stateside - honestly, at least we can communicate (well almost ) and culturally far closer. Customer service - hmmm, non existent in France - you get the gallic shrug etc.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
You are correct! When reading up on international shipping on the Ebay forums a few years back, Italy and France we places not recommended to ship to due to packages never getting there and the hassle with dealing with that. There were other countries noted as not to ship to as well, but most others were in Africa, Southeast Asia or the Middle East.

I have shipped to France with no issues. I sell plastic US military water cans on Ebay, and my seller name is vt_hokie101. Just for your piece of mind, you can check my feedback or if you care to throw a water can in with your clips & seals we can work that out as well
Hi Rover_Hokie, Polly at Falconworks has replied very courteously and is happy to deal and deliver here using UPS. Many thanks for your offer of assistance. You may find it strange, or maybe not, but I buy mostly from the UK followed by the US and also some cheap electrical stuff from China (LED lights etc). It's more cost effective elsewhere including shipping and far more reliable on actually arriving than buying here. Maņana, maņana, maņana seems often to be the motto here and in the end I just give up and buy elsewhere in the world from those who actually want to do business and supply a good service - sad really as I live here but hopefully won't stay long enough to die here. Can you imagine anywhere in the civilised world where every shop closes between 12.00 to 14.30 for lunch almost as a 'religion'. It's never worth arriving at a store at 11.00 if you need to ponder and make decisions as you'll be kicked out at 11.50 in readiness for.........eerrr.......... lunch and need to find somewhere to while away your time for 2+hours until they're open again. It's mind numbing. 19th century stuff

Old 06-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by MarkSF
MarkSF, you've got to promise not to laugh...................hmmm, honest. But you're forgiven if you do.

The Connexion - The Newspaper for English-Speakers in France

The national pastime continues unabated.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. France now, reminds me of Britain before Thatcher broke the power of the unions. I remember sitting in the dark as a kid in the late 70s, during a power strike. It'd a shame she isn't still around, you could borrow her for 4 years or so.

Quick Reply: WABCO ABS Shuttle Valve Seals and Clips