Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird sound in dash....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird sound in dash....

SInce owning my Disco for about the past 2.5 years and putting 4000 miles on her ( 3rd vehicle ) taking up garage space. I forget when I do drive it, that I have this very faint sound coming from the dash. Its almost like a popping sound ( poker card in the spokes of bicycle ) type sound. It has some what of a constant rhythm to it. When I press on the accelerator just barely when in Park it goes away. Or at least I think it goes away. It did go away for about 4 days when I changed out the PC valve ( thats what I called it ) I maybe wrong. But soon enough it returned. I have drained and refilled coolant system so many times ( just like the right-ups say to do it on this forum. ) thinking I had air in system. And of course its still there. I have checked for vaccuum leaks ( none found ). Personnally I think I still have air in the coolant system. But I dont over heat what so-ever. Any help guys would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again..............

Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Default dash noice...

Its a 2002, BTW..........

Old 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you positive it's in the dash?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Im not positive but, but the sound is almost directly behind cluster. Or thats the direction is sounds like it coming from. Why? What are you thinking?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

so it's on the left side of the dash? Could it be coming from that tiny vent looking thing to the left of the steering wheel?

Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Three Wheeling

Its the dash area. I cant pin point the the exact area whether its left, right, middle, high or low. And what little vent thingy are you talking about? ( the air vent it self....no its not coming from their )...

Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

no, there is a temp sensor on the left side, for the automatic climate control. Some people notice it making noise when it gets dirty. But it's not going to stop when you press on the gas. I missed that part of your post.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Three Wheeling

LIke I stated earlie in the original post. Im not sure if the sounds stops or not. Of course when I give the engine some gas Im hearing the REVS of the motor. So the sound could still be there, Im not sure. Where can I find this Auto Temp control sensor by the left vent. It wont hurt to have a look it, who knows?

So, I guess no-one has a glue of what this noise could be?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A leaf in the blower? I have one, it makes a lovely noise very much like a poker card in the spokes of bicycle....
Fiddle with your fan speed and see if it makes a difference.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Three Wheeling

I have had the A/C blowing for 2.5 years now in every setting from low to high, defrost to floors vents. The sound has been there since I have owned the vehicle.

The question is: how would one look in the blower area to inspect for a leaf or what not. It the blower / blower area accessable?

Quick Reply: Weird sound in dash....