Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with my stock suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What to do with my stock suspension?

So a couple of months ago I went to a full OME suspension and I have all of my stock parts laying in my garage.

They are all in pretty good condition: stock springs (labeled), shocks with 50k on them, and stock steering stabilizer (looks fine).

My question is: Do you think anyone would want any of it? What should I do with it all? Just throw it away?

I have seen a few people trying to sell this stuff on eBay and i wondered if it was even worth it or not.

Let me know what you guys think.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

somebody replacing airbags might want the rear springs but i dunno about the front..just junk I guess. Some people use stock jeep coils for rock crawler projects or in cherokees...maybe somebody could use rover front coils.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
somebody replacing airbags might want the rear springs but i dunno about the front..just junk I guess. Some people use stock jeep coils for rock crawler projects or in cherokees...maybe somebody could use rover front coils.
Thanks - do you think I should throw the rear springs on for $50 or what would be fair?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

offer them up for sale.

Even if someone gives you $10 plus shipping, it's better than tossing them.

Plus, you'll have helped someone out.

and have that warm fuzzy feeling.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by demonlarry
offer them up for sale.

Even if someone gives you $10 plus shipping, it's better than tossing them.

Plus, you'll have helped someone out.

and have that warm fuzzy feeling.
That's what I thought I would do, I just wondered if someone would actually want to use them as everyone is going to OME and rovertym now.

The other thing is I have like 10 things on the classifieds and NO one has even asked about any of it. So it is almost just a waste of my time and garage space.

I will post them though and see what happens, maybe I will make someone's day.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sell them on e-bay.

I got new rear springs someone installed to correct a sag. They ran them for 100 miles and then lifted the truck. Got them for $.99 plus shipping. Corrected my lean and I am happy.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
Sell them on e-bay.

I got new rear springs someone installed to correct a sag. They ran them for 100 miles and then lifted the truck. Got them for $.99 plus shipping. Corrected my lean and I am happy.
$0.99? That wouldn't even pay the listing fee. You got a great deal.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah, i know. I got a great deal.

I was just saying, put them on CL for a couple of weeks then list them on e-bay with a small reserve. You never know what people may want. Lots of salvages have that kind of stuff listed. I thought about buying, but jumped on a private owner listing.

I also offered up my old shocks on CL (for free) when I replaced mine. records showed 70K on them. A guy drove in 40 miles and still gave me $20 for them. His had broken and he just needed something to stick in there.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
yeah, i know. I got a great deal.

I was just saying, put them on CL for a couple of weeks then list them on e-bay with a small reserve. You never know what people may want. Lots of salvages have that kind of stuff listed. I thought about buying, but jumped on a private owner listing.

I also offered up my old shocks on CL (for free) when I replaced mine. records showed 70K on them. A guy drove in 40 miles and still gave me $20 for them. His had broken and he just needed something to stick in there.
Both CL and the bay are great for both purchases and cleaning up... I've been going through my barn and garage on a monthly basis and putting stuff on. Every little bit helps to pay for mods on one of the vehicles. It's amazing what one collects over the years.....

Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my wife and I collect old scooters.
Vespa, Lambretta primarily but, we've been known to take in the odd german or English scooter as well.
We gathered up all our old parts that we were never going to use, old trim pieces, engine pieces you name it. Along with some new parts for bikes we no longer own etc. Stuff we'd picked up at swap meets or inherited for whatever reason, and went to a scooter rally we attend every year, put up a table and a couple of blankets. Made a sign out of a paper plate that said, NO OFFER REFUSED.

We sat in our chairs, drank beer and bull****ted with everyone all day long. Before we knew it, we were feeling no pain, had almost gotten rid of all that stuff, and were $500.00 to the good!

Sold the remainder to a friend with a shop for $100, (his offer), and didn't have to carry ANY of that cra, umm, stuff home!!

the next year, we went back, like we always do, and everyone was asking "You guys doing your table this year?" to which I replied,"see us in 10 more years, we have to accumulate 'stuff'"

Quick Reply: What to do with my stock suspension?