Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what was your first vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: what was your first vehicle?

ORIGINAL: Spike555

Dude...my ex father in-law is Italian...never again.

i meant vehicle,,,,

Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I payed half for mine, once my parents bought it for me, everything is my problem, (Insurance, Gas, REPAIRS, friends slashing your tires and saran raping your car for homecoming.) so far i have $2300 saved for repairs from working at the golf course. With a Disco, i think they almost took the cheaper way out.

Luckily i got my parents to fall in love with them, were searching for another Disco or RR right now. dose that Italian car know a car, who knows a car, that could work something out for me?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
TReK

ORIGINAL: snowdude

I payed half for mine, once my parents bought it for me, everything is my problem, (Insurance, Gas, REPAIRS, friends slashing your tires and saran raping your car for homecoming.) so far i have $2300 saved for repairs from working at the golf course. With a Disco, i think they almost took the cheaper way out.

Luckily i got my parents to fall in love with them, were searching for another Disco or RR right now. dose that Italian car know a car, who knows a car, that could work something out for me?

do like i did,,,

buy a fixer upper and fix it up. its cheaper that way.

go to ferrarichat and look in the classifieds

Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's see. too many to list but I'll try

91 GMC 2500 extended cab/long box (dad's truck that I took over and drove until I got in an accident. Then it got fixed and traded.)
93 Mazda Navajo (Traded)
94 Mazda B4000 extended cab (white) (Run off the road and totalled)
85 GMC 2500 regular cab/long box diesel (Had someone drain the oil to get revenge on a friend. Rebuilt the engine, 1 month later threw a rod. Replaced with a crate diesel engine, hydrolocked 1 year to the day after install. Rebuilt motor, never ran right again so I sold it.)
88 Chevy S10 Blazer (Piece of crap. Traded off)
94 Mazda B4000 extended cab (blue) (Hit patch of black ice, rolled and totalled. Happened on my way home from making the first payment on the truck.)
98 Mazda B4000 extended cab (light green) (Traded when Mazda released the Cab +4)
98 Mazda B4000 Cab+4 (dark green) (Traded when I needed a full size to tow a trailer)
96 Chevy 2500 extended cab/long box (traded because it was a fuel hog and just under 100K on the clock.)
98 Saab 9000CS (Commuter car to drive between Colorado Springs and Denver everyday.)
01 Mazda B4000 Cab+4 (deep galaxy blue) (Traded for 01 Dodge along with Saab)
01 Dodge 2500 quad cab/long box, high output diesel w/6 speed manual (coolest truck ever and fastest vehicle other than the Saab I've ever owned)
07 Dodge 1500 quad cab/short box, Hemi (Replaced the 01 Dodge when I couldn't afford a new clutch)
97 Land Rover Discovery (Second vehicle and current toy)

I guess you could say I've had a car or 2 since I got my license 16 years ago

Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Rock Crawling

something tells me it'll be hard to find a older Ferrari in wisconsin, or even Chicago otherwise ill wait for that probably till Im outa college.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 PM
TReK

College is over rated. Spend your tuition on a Ferarri

Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Rock Crawling

Im thinking maybe Tech school, im not in college yet. i know i could get tech school free, being a direct descendant native American, but that's totally against everything i believe in, (im a hardcore libertarian). actually owning this truck and seeing how much i enjoy tinkering with it, has made me think about something automotive. still thinking something environmental, or architecture.

edit: i could afford a pretty nice Ferrari with the college tuition grandma and grandpa left behind for me

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
TReK

i agree,,

im a drop out and im doing just fine

Old 01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
TReK

There are a lot of good tech schools out there but I can't imagine actually turning wrenches for a living. Tinkering on my own vehicle is one thing but I wouldn't enjoy working on someone else's vehicle. When it becomes a job then the fun is gone in my opinion.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Rock Crawling

True, i could probably get into sales or something, i can be very friendly and persuasive, plus i can turn on the snob switch at any time. (spending to much time at golf courses and in Door County (Chicago's Hampton's)).

Quick Reply: what was your first vehicle?