Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:26 AM
|
Overlanding
Default Where can I find mods

I have been searching the net for any available exterior and interior modifications for the Discovery, grilles, gauge clusters, drop kits etc. but other than the OEM parts there don't seem to be many out there. Where could I find some and are there any companies or web sites that specialize specifically for the Discovery because I'm tired of going thru pages of mods for the Range Rover.

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Where can I find mods

What is a "drop kit" is this a lowering kit?

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Almost all modifications to Discovery that I've seen are off road performance based. Unfortunately for those who want it there isn't much of a market for anything else, but I'm sure there must be something out there.

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:37 AM
|
Overlanding

yeah sorry my automotive knowledge extends more towards show vehicles and that is the term most commonly used in my area, before anyone bashes me for wanting to lower a rover please understand that I love to go off-roading and I have had many rigs built for this but the majority were K5 Blazers with one Suburban and a Jeep as well. I currently have both an 04 and 96 Discovery I plan to build the 04 as more of a Show and Street only because it is just in too good of condition to be tearing thru the woods here in TN, but my 96 is most likely going to see a lift kit aluminum rims brush guard and a good set of kleated tires.

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: LCollins1990
before anyone bashes me for wanting to lower a rover
Nah man, we're not that type

But yeah I'd say your best bet is to find a shop that will do custom work for you. I really haven't seen any mass produced mods for this purpose.

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:49 AM
Rock Crawling

Yeah not many people use these for "show", and yeah you'll probably have to do a lot of custom stuff because I haven't seen the types of things you are looking, not saying they aren't out there, just never seen them. Good luck

Old 02-03-2009 | 11:53 AM
|
Overlanding

I kinda figured that would be the case. O well atleast my cousin owns a metal fab shop I guess I'll be hitting him up for several parts.

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:03 PM
|
Overlanding

I have also been told that the Ford Explorer and Discovery are closely enough related that lift and lowering kits for the Explorer can work on a Disco, is this true or not?

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I've never heard that, and personally I don't think I'd try it. The Explorer is almost a ton lighter than a Disco so I don't think their suspension could hold up on our heavy trucks.

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:13 PM
|
Overlanding

I didn't really believe it either just thought I'd ask. Thanks for your help guys

Quick Reply: Where can I find mods